1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

new simulator : JoyRide

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by riton, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Chris for your response!

I have to agree with Bernard 100%, not much else to say regarding this matter. As my grandpa would say Don't piss on an other dog's tree! :D

With that being said I would like to second Iain, and encourage the discussion to be continued in an appropriate section. I think a lot of others would be happy to see feedback on the construction and features of different simulators, in order to benefit and encourage individual projects. Don't we wish more professional sim builders came here to post about their mechanical and electrical solutions? I surely do..

Since these products will be X-Sim compatible, IMO there should be a place for their plugins once things settle down and the platform is released.
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I am sure it does! That is no surprise at all. But you are comparing an expensive Ferrari or Porsche with DIY soap box cars. Needless to say, that commercial products, developed with huge financial ressources outperform our self-tinkered solutions. However, we'll get there...

That's the great thing about DIY. One does not need to care about patents. I am sure that we will see some pics of a dismantled Joyridesimulator here soon ;P

Actually this section is for private persons, to discuss commercial simulators, in order to evalute what is worth to copy (only for private tinkerings of course), but it isnt meant to be a space for commercial advertising.
    The simulators of our competitors section description:
    So what do you guys think? Wasn't it an obtrusive promotional post?
    I have no intention the delete any post yet, but I felt the need to clarify the purpose of this section.

If someone wants to talk or give some details about the joyridesimulator's internals, than this is the right section.
    For other issues than that, joyridesimulators.com is the right section.

@Chris
    Please dont take my post too personally. I fully understand that you are excited about your product. I dont doubt that it is. And I can understand that you want to make as much promotion for it as possible. But although you have literally been baited to write here, this isnt the right space for your advertising.
    However, you are welcome to give more specific, technical details about your platform of course. Since it is patented, you dont have to fear someones steals your buisness model.
    But we wont tolerate additional posts were you simply claim how superior or advanced your product is, whithout giving technical details and/or pics of its internals.

regards
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Chris,

as you use our popular motion simulator forum as a place to offer your product i beg you to show only a appropriate piece of respect for the x-sim community, their developments and for other competitors who are publishing here in a friendly manner useful informations about their new products and technology. I think if you avoid too intrusive marketing phrases and comparisions like aggressive and simulators like a toy and if you decide to share more of your own hard- and software technology you are able to get the same respect we show everybody here, no matter if they are commercial or not.

Best regards, René
  4. newman

newman New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 82Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  5. newman

newman New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 82Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's 12 twelve years ago ( 1998 ) , that cybermind was presenting the Rock n' Ride Chair on the Cebit Home in Hannover.
    I was there an seen and tested it live... .The Price was around 1000 Euro.
    Two years later i buyed me a used RnR for 200 Euros.

Now the Atomic A1 of course much better and state of the Art.
    For this Product i was waiting since years.
    Unfortunalty that is not my price level.
    I am very curious if the RnR reloaded ;) will have success now.
    Best wishes to the Joyride Team. It's always good to see innovations.

regards
  6. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Hi. Here's another promotional video with a few more clips of the Joyride in action :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwao2bBVrs4&feature=channel

Hopefully we will start to see more of these and preferably longer clips. I can understand that Dirt 2 tends to show off the movement but I would really like to see shots from the rear, showing the Joyride whilst being able to view the screen, to see how it responds in track based car sims - iRacing, LFS, rFactor etc.
  7. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    969Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    havent posted for a while but this looks impressive, even if the cost is out of my league. as always would love to look under the bonnet as it were to see how she ticks LOL:) 8) cant blame a guy for asking --- man i cant wait to see those actuators or how the seat is driven .. i read the read the post and sorta understand why offence could have been wronglly taken :uups: even if that was not the intent, but then again this is X-sim and we members all love to see how things are done ( if only to get inspiration for the DIY crew ) so product placements a NO NO but Sharing how it works for DIY purpose has always been acceptable hell thats why we have so many variations of the same goal namely DIY simulators in whatever form works for the indiviual & lets not forget all made possible because of X-sim and all the contributors who freely share there knowledge and ideas , i have been here a few years now, :blush: have to admit never finished my projects :blush: :blush: but always interested in how ingenious the DIY crowd are that was my £0.02 worth guys :) keep up the good work one and all :cheers:
  8. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    the mouvement is cool but i think there are no news in this concept....but the design is very cool! :)
    i see a big problem, the shifter move a lot, there are a lot vibration and it not give a good impression off quality. :thbd:

with DIY and x sim it's possible make the same simulator, its not a children game! :D :hi:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MSXRsimulation?feature=mhum
    :yippiee: :clap: :yippiee: :cheers:
  9. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a nice piece of arcade game rider. But like all below seat pivot point contraptions, it cannot be referred to as a simulator. The physical motions are completely wrong when one takes into consideration what really happens to head and body movements during these force induced motions in comparison to the real thing.

R-eng

* Off topic general discussion about simulator designs continues here: post25934.html#p25934 *

regards
    egoexpress
  10. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5