1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Sim commotion using Arduino Mega and X-sim software

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Pixel, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Pixel

Pixel New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello and registered exclusively to realize my project of cockpit, the plate wanted to use His Arduino Mega and a bridge in H to control the Simcon motion and if the ventilator sensitive to the speed can.
    I wanted to be able connect like the bridge in H to the plate Arduino Mega or algun information or reference of a bridge in H commercial me interesaria mas since the process is not given me well of made of PCBs.
    If tubiera that DIY to make the bridge in H me gustaria that were saying to me like Arduino Mega to connect it to the plate.
    Pardon for the Englishman a translator uses since Englishman does not speak himself.
    Regards and thanks.
  2. wimpo`

wimpo` Member

metselaar
    Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think this needs a better translation.
    Witch translator are you using.
  3. Pixel

Pixel New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello i am registered exclusively to realize my project of cockpit, wanted to use Arduino Mega and a bridge in H to control the Simcon motion and if the ventilator sensitive to the speed if you can clear.

I wanted connect the H bridge to plate Arduino Mega,or other infomation ther other H bridge commercial as reference, model...
    But i am interesting in h bridge commercial.
    In case do the Diy H bridge , i am not know conect to ther Arduino Mega.
    Sorry for my english, i use ther translate google.
    Regards and thanks.
  4. wimpo`

wimpo` Member

metselaar
    Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Still not sure about what you mean, is it that you want to build a frex like simulator.
    or do you want to have ventilators to simulate wind.
    And what country are you from, maybe there is someone from the same country on this forum.
  5. Pixel

Pixel New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to replace it by Arduino Mega these pcbs:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And the question is how to connect the H bridge has the Arduino Mega, and how to configure the x-simulator software for the Arduino Mega.
    Regards and thanks.
  6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One of these days that will have more free time will re-write the motion control algorithm I use for AMC1.5 in C and port it to Arduino Mega. It just needs much experimenting and fine tunning of the code until is stable and fast for our purposes.

Thanos
  7. sterex

sterex New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello Pixel.
    I don't think that you can replace the whole thing with arduino. Even if you managed to get the arduino working, (which it will, with some codes), you will still need the H-bridge to drive the motors.
    Basically you just have to figure out how to read the incoming data from x-sim and then signal the H-bridge in theory. I know its easy to say so then to do. Maybe you might bump into some problems early but thats life.
    I am working on a similar project with arduino. I had some success reading the data from x-sim and running a wiper motor with it. But haven't had enough time lately to write the whole code yet. If you are willing and good at programming you can manage to write a whole PID control interface for x-sim with arduino mega. Ofcourse there are all types of 'itsy bitsy stuff' in the whole equation of an interface. but only you can choose the aspects of the interface according to your need.
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    That would be great, Thanos :cheers:

Do you think the Arduino is fast enough to handle full PID and quadrature encoders?

Regards
    Christian
  9. wimpo`

wimpo` Member

metselaar
    Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    why not just write it in assembly, there are lots of tutorials for it
  10. Pixel

Pixel New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to connect the H bridge DIY in Arduino Mega.
    like conect the Red circle to Arduino Mega?
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    And what is not is how.
    Greetings and thanks
  11. wimpo`

wimpo` Member

metselaar
    Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    it will work I think because of the TTL signals.
    But you will have to find out the functions of the pins on the h-bridge.
    as I recall this h-bridge uses 2 direction pins for 1 motor.

0-0 no current
    1-0 left
    0-1 right
    1-1 brake

but thanos or frakk would have to confirm this, because I'm not sure.
  12. juniou

juniou New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi Pixel,
    Check this post. post30952.html#p30952
    Maybe help you with some idea.