1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks boys i will follow your instructions and i will be back soon
  2. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks to all i program 8535 now i have new problem the force profiler can't detect my interface please help me.
  3. pitulo

pitulo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tronicgr, I take time trying to work the pcb amc 1.5, I configured with the crystal PonyProg 14, I configured with the kp hyperterminal, but when I start the sender force-force profiler, configure the serial port, and I to start the Move the slider does not move the two numbers of the LCD, I've tried everything, I followed your video but do not move ever, everything else is OK.
  4. robervalllll

robervalllll New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    sorry for my ignorance and for my bad English I'm from Brazil and
    new to forum and am wanting some information I saw great referencias
    Site www.x-simulator.de, good would come on board Tronics AMC
    1.5 is possible to control pneumatic actuators via solenoid
    on / off, so I realized the card sends current to the motors
    electric likewise could send current to solenoid? or I
    am I wrong? I thank you for your understanding understand that I am a
    simple beginner and full of doubt, I have read many forum topics and up
    now the only card I found to control pneumatic cylinders
    was conrad rs232.
  5. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tronic and guys!
    What are the function of the 10k multiturno potentiometer that are solded are the right side of the AMC board?
    King regards.
  6. pathetic

pathetic Member

Balance:
    - 38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi banquer,
    it is for limiting the pot travels as described below

Attached Files:

7. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok.
    Cheers.
  9. Gianni

Gianni New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hi everyone.. I have complete my 2D motion controller chair.. all components are working fine except for the fact that both motors start to work after a very long delay, about 20~30 seconds..with M1 always activating and completeing any movement first.
    When activating the Force Profile and Senders (i'm using V1609 to start with..) all is fine, run rFactor, chair movement starts after 1 or 2 laps and everything follows in slow motion.. then the action delay.
    When the pots are moved manually, the motor reaction is instant... I have changed components, alter the K value.. changed quartz frequency.. reprogramed the ATmega.. but nothing seems helping removing this delay.. Can someone explain this problem? Don't know what to do next!
    Used: ATmega8535/16PU(0824) - 22,1184MHz - 18pF
    Thanks
  10. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Could be a PC processor performance issue. Try to reduce the ingame graphic details, or use a second pc to run the profiler.

You may try to use the Force-Sender test-plugin, to check for delay.
  11. willynovi

willynovi Member

Balance:
    354Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    hi, did you open SimforceGT-Simulator, you can check if it is not a Profiler error.
    If the chair in simulator do the same your real chair, I think the problem is on your profile.

Take a look at asigning automatic values.

I hope you understand me, sorry for my english.

regards
  12. Gianni

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hi Egoexpress,
    Thanks for this, but the delay is there wether the game is on or off.There is no improvements in running the tets-plugin with Tronic's rFactor_180308.rnr profile.
    The unit is using 2 Fiat x 1/9 headlight 12V motors, the 100Kohm pot is installed in an handmade reduction box at the rear end of the motor, 1/2 turn arm lever = +/-1/2 turn pot. With Pot full movement giving 0 to 1023 on display.
    When one of the 2 pots is turned manually, both the display value and the motor change and turn immiditaly, when force profile changes any value, the motors do not turn. The change on the display reading due to the force sender signal is immidiate, there is no delay between the computer and the AVR unit.
    Can excessive noise cause this delay? There is a lot of humming if the screened wire of the 2 pots are grounded...
    Also, humming reduced if the 2 filter condensors on the motor are disconnected from the motor body. When I connect the main frame of the chair to the main line earth, one side mosfet of one motor started to quite hot... (?) Both motors are fully isolated.
    Can anyone advise a different way to test for this problem?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

13. Gianni

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hi Willynovi,
    Thanks to you as well... using Simforce 1.8 and rFactor_180308.rnr profile (sorry dondogon!)
    Led's working fine, red and green flickering; measured mosfet voltage output when pots moved manually, highest voltage only 4~5 volts (???)
    Mosfet bridge has IRF3205 and IRF4905 installed, all BC546 and 74HC08 chip....
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed on the photos that the boards are bolted on the frame... Try again without the boards make any contact to the frame. You cannot share the common ground of the motors with the common ground of the boards or its power source!!!!!!! Maybe that's why you hear that buzzing noise. Also keep the pots mounts isolated from the motor body as well!!!!!!!!

Also try turn off the display by setting the DIP1 switch to 0 position, this will make the AMC internal position feedback code to run free with no delays for displaying data on the LCD.
  15. Gianni

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Me again.....
    I have disconnected the 2 motors and tested the voltage outputs on both M1 and M2 terminals, these are both ranging from +12.05V to -12.05V ..
    When riconnecting the 2 motors, there is only 0.01 voltage drop on the battery.. but only 4~5 volts on the M1 and M2 terminals ..
    Are the 2 electric motors used not compatible? But then why they move if pots activated manually and also why if playing simulation the movement is there even if delayed?
    HELP!
  16. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Take the boards off the simulator metal frame!!! Dont let them make any contact to the motors except of the M1 M2 contacts! And ISOLATE the POT MOUNTS!

Take a multimeter and check if there is continuity between the grounds of POTS, AMC and motors frame!!!

The voltage drop you are seeing is not good... In my boards I see the voltage drop only down to 11-10volts during load!

If all the above are correct, then something is wrong with your software or your comport! Try using a software comport scanner to see if data packets pass throu comport correctly. Also check if you set correctly all the comport and axis options on the profiler! Set the comport delay to 10 or 20ms!!!

Thanos
  17. Gianni

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hi Tronics,
    Boards are fully isolated, the spacers are plastic and there is no connection between the common ground of the frame and any electronic components or power source. The 2 pots have screen connection possibility on motor side only, not on the board end and the body is also in plastic (single turn). Does my previous post mean anything to you?
    Thanks
  18. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can the problem be from the power source you are using to power the AMC (5v) ??? It seems really strange! In you photo I see a switching power supply that you use to power the AMC. Can you use a 6volt battery pack to power the AMC? I was troubled when you said that the mosfets were getting hot when you grounded the frame! This indicates that there are electrical interferences from the power source, something like 50hz oscillation maybe?? This could cause communication problems (serial data from pc)...

Can you test the AMC boards and the motors disconnected from the simulator??? I think that there is a voltage leak somewhere! :?

Thanos
  19. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It has been discussed a couple times here on the forum that in that circuit, you will need a Logic Level mosfet on the low side. Even though Thanos advised to use a more expensive IRF3205 110A mosfet that you are using, it is just a waste of money and will not fix the overheating. They are not opening properly with 5V and that is why you get only 5V out, the rest of the 7V is dissipated by the transistor and your power goes up in heat. You will need the IRLZ-44N or any other Logic Level mosfet that can handle the current and has a Vgs(th) of about 2V and fully opens @5Vgs.

Mosfet getting really hot when you connect frame to earth? If it only heats up if you connect it to earth, that means your motor can is grounded. Measure resistance between the motor connections and your frame. It is very common to have the motor can connected to the ground lead. You cannot have this since you are turning the motor in both directions and the metal frame will turn into your positive supply connection. You say they are fully isolated, but did you measure that?

How long of a delay do you have? Double check the refresh rate at the USO section: with a pause of .... ms /
    Your delay can also be accounted for the improper mosfet operation, since you are delivering a fraction of the power.

If none of this helps, take everything off the frame and test it one by one on a non-conductive cardboard, wood or rubber surface.

@Thanos: It would be nice of you to change the parts list and make a HUGE RED NOTE of the Logic Level N-ch Mosfet already. A lot of people follow it blindly and assume there is nothing wrong. Cannot blame them for not reading 200 pages about the possible errors, but unfortunately all of them end up doing it wrong and we always end up answering the same questions to the same problem. :cheers:
  20. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In my earliest version of the DSM h-bridge, I used the IRLZ44 with good success. The only time the DSMhb presented any problem was when I asked too much current from it. I too had heating issues with alternate MOSFET, even when the specs seemed well balanced for its purpose.

The STP version also worked well, but I had to bump up the voltage drive to the 74xxx to its maximum allowed of 6.0V.

The easiest solution? duh! IRLZ44.

R-eng