1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. leonpo

leonpo New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Just received from Fedex the package with SCN5s (5 days from US to Israel!), so hopefully, if my ordered SUB-RS485 controllers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0508487283) will arrive will start buidling this weekend.

Regards

Leon
  2. bclancy

bclancy New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

New member here, stumbled on the site whilst looking for info on a very basic cockpit I was building for racing with........ Hmmmm, seems that plan has grown into summat a little bigger now! Well, I need to learn alot here, I was an engineer, so the nuts n bolts is okay, but electrickery??? BIG learning curve hahaha!

Just playing with X-sim at the moment and failing to get guages working with rFactor at min!
    Brian
  3. angelmanu

angelmanu The Captain

Balance:
    - 147Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Angel, and I currently live in Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain.
    I've always had a passion for aviation, inherited from my father, but for different reasons I've never been a pilot, but for many years and use Flight Simulator x-plane.
    Was building a static cockpit when referrals from an owner of a simcraft, he speak of x-sim, and for about two months, I am only studying all Tronicr project.
    My goal is to build my engine with the AVR Joyrider 1.5 Tronicr, but I have to adjust to the dimensions of the room where I will be installing.
    Sorry for my English, I use the Google translator.

Sincerely,
  4. Papifix

Papifix Member SimAxe Beta Tester

im Ruhestand
    Balance:
    562Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

My name is Rainer and I live in Germany near Frankfurt. Your forum is great community and full with information to built a motion seat. Thanks all for that.

While I am a electronicnoob I buy the Starterkit bei Bernhard. Now mine is for the first finished. Works fine and now I fight with the software.

Rainer
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome
    These forums are full of answers. If you can't find one, ask and someone will point you in the right direction.

:cheers:
  6. Popeyin

Popeyin Member

Truck driver
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. My name is David and I'm from Barcelona, Spain.This week after a long time, I decided to make a motion cockpit.To begin with I purchased the 150mn and motion starter kit and Dampening Actuator Mounting KitNow I have the most difficult thing is to make a cockpit correctly.The idea is to use the simulator iracing 80% 20% flight simulator, rise of flight ..
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  8. FRJO

FRJO New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. My name is Mario and I'm from France, Nice. I decided to make a motion cockpit your forum is fabulous thanks all for your job .

Bonjour tout le monde. mon nom est Mario et je suis de France, Nice. J'ai décidé de faire un simu votre forum est fabuleux Merci à tous pour votre travail.
  9. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Welcome and enjoy your stay!
  10. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey und hallo,
    ich freue mich Mitglied bei eurer Seite zu sein.
    Komme aus Deutschland und brenne darauf mir selbst etwas sich bewegendes basteln zu können.
    Also erstmal ein Lob an alle, das es so findige Menschen gibt die darauf kommen sich einen eigenen
    Motion Simulator zu bauen.

Jetzt zu meinen ersten Fragen an euch, es gibt ja zum Glück ein paar deutschsprachige Mitglieder hier.
    Möchte mir natürlich selbst was bauen, 2 Achsen würden auch erstmal reichen.
    Weiß nur noch nicht welche Bauart es wird, vielleicht könnt ihr mir da helfen.
    Erst dachte ich an Pneumatik, wäre schon irgendwie cool, aber so ein kompressor ist bestimmt nicht billig und leise müsste er auch noch sein.
    Dann dachte ich an SCN5 Actuatoren, aber 300 euro das stück? und gibts die in Deutschland überhaupt?
    Also vermeintlich billigste Variante, Scheibenwischermotoren. Sind das eigentlich Schrittmotore oder nur Getriebemotore?

Im Besitz befindet sich erst: Laptop, Spielerechner, Vellemann k8055D USB Board und ein klitzekleinbischen Elektronikerfahrung :)

So ich hoffe ich habe euch nicht überrumpelt mit meinen ganzen Fragen und hoffe auf baldige Antwort.

MfG

Translate by Google :)

Hey and hello,
    I'm looking to be a member at your side.
    I'm from Germany and burn it myself to something moving craft.
    So I made a tribute to all that there are so resourceful people to come to one's own
    Motion Simulator to build.

Now to my first questions to you, there are fortunately a few German members here.
    I of course want to build themselves what, two axes would also be rich first.
    Just does not know what type it is, maybe you can help me there.
    At first I thought of pneumatics would somehow cool, but in such a compressor is determined not cheap and quiet would it be ever.
    Then I thought of SCN5 Actuators, but 300 € the piece? and gives the general in Germany?
    So supposedly cheapest option, wiper motors. Are they really stepper motors or geared motors?

In the possession is only: laptop, computer games, board and a USB Vellemann k8055D klitzekleinbischen electronics experience :)

So I hope I have not overwhelmed you with all my questions and I hope an early reply.

Best regards
  11. sterex

sterex New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I am a new member. (well I have registered myself for sometimes now and always studying from this website). I am also very sorry for not following a proper atiquette of a new member previously when I posted and asked a lot of question to Thanos without realising it (all the excitement of building a sim took my good sense away, and it won't happen in the future.)

A little about myself :-

I am from a tiny nation in the Indian ocean called the Maldives. I m pretty sure I am the first from my country here. As the country is small so are the places we live in. But that don't make my dream of a flight simulator sim smaller.
    Anyway I have been tinkering with electronics and various thrown away machineries for sometimes now and I have all the tools to build a nice motion sim, even two wiper motors, but that one was just a lucky find. The only thing I don't have here is an electronic shop from where I can buy all the components I need. Nevertheless I managed to accumulate a lot of components such as resistors and capacitors from used computers and other equipments people used . The only way I can get my hands on those microcontrollers and ICs is when myself or someone else close to me goes abroad. And not long ago my wife got me an arduino duemilanov board from Singapore. I hope I can make good use of this board because right now this is the only thing I have to make an interface. At a first try this board seems quite easy and very user friendly. I have some basic knowledge of PICmicro and assembly language so I am hoping Arduino won't be that much of a problem.

I managed to put together Thanos dual MOSFET H-bridge (stand alone) and with some playing around got it working. but since I didn't get the exact components as Thanos the H-bridge was quite unstable. So still working on it.
    In the past few days I have been working on the structure where I can fasten a computer chair and I m nearly getting there.
    Within a few days give and take , I will post some pictures of my work so I can share and improve it with you guys input.

This community has taught me about a lot of things and I would like to thank all the members and also looking forward to give my contributions to the x-sim community.

Thank you all.
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  13. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Welcome to the community.

I also think, that you are the only one from Maldives :clap:
    Btw. Really beautiful looking islands. Do not forget to mark your location on our usermap :)
    phoogle.php?mode=everyone

[img600px]http://nocameranointervention.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/maldives-1.jpg[/img600px]

I hope you are able to find the right components to finish your project.

Best regards, René
  14. sterex

sterex New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, I hope I marked my location right.
  15. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi sterex, i cannot find you on the map!
  16. Landkrabba

Landkrabba Live 'n' Kickin'

Medical engineer
    Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT
    Hi,
    I'm Magnus from Bollebygd, Sweden. I was looking for a DIY simulator and this was the first and only i have been reading about! I must say that i'm impressed by this forum! :cheers:
    I work as an Service Engineer for EMCO and Citizen CNC-Machines but I have little/none experience with this kind of small diy projects! :(
    I have started to build the AMC and have bought all the components at a store called ELFA.

I'm surprised that it's only me and one other person in Sweden that is involved in this kind of project! :hi:
  17. estanislaolopez

estanislaolopez Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    Hi, I'm Pablo from Argentina, found a site recently looking for information on simulators and now I'm building the AMC 1.5, my favorites simulators are LFS and Rfactor , my English is pretty bad and I use the Traslator, sorry if I do not write well ...
    Regards
  18. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome guys :)
  19. snellebelg

snellebelg New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    English:
    Hi I'm Christian Struys live in belgium to TIENEN what can I say to
    you have some thick 2 years experience online racing and especially
    Games & Rally Richard Burns Rally rFactor & GTR2 race on & & & dirt2 GT Legends
    and real rally driver at the highest level I've already berijkt in the rally in
    1995 Belgian champion Gr.N that year class 15 times earnings saxo cup & I have also done in 1999
    and much more too numerous to mention here are a couple of links to movies & photos on the track
    http://www.dailymotion.com/snellebelg
    http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/snellebelg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dutch
    hoi ik ben Christian Struys woon in belgie te TIENEN wat kan ik kwijt aan
    jullie heb ongeveer dikke 2 jaar ervaring online race en dan vooral
    rally games Richard burns rally & rfactor & race on & gtr2 & dirt2 & GT Legends
    en real rally rijder op het hoogste nivo wat ik al berijkt heb in de rally is in
    1995 belgisch kampioen GR.N in dat jaar 15 keer klasse winst & ik heb saxo cup ook gedaan in 1999
    en nog veel meer te veel om op te noemen hier zijn en paar links filmpjes & foto's tot op de track
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    duits
    Hallo ich bin Christian Struys leben in Belgien TIENEN, was ich sagen kann
    Sie haben einige dicke 2 Jahre Erfahrung und vor allem Online-Rennen
    Games & Richard Burns Rally Rally & GTR2 rFactor Rennen am & & & dirt2 GT Legends
    und echte Rallye-Fahrer auf der höchsten Ebene habe ich bereits in der Rallye haben berijkt in
    1995 Belgischer Meister Gr.N diesem Jahr Klasse 15 KGV Saxo Cup & Ich habe auch im Jahr 1999 getan
    und vieles mehr zu zahlreich, zu erwähnen, hier sind ein paar Links zu Filmen und Fotos auf der Spur
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  20. Macka

Macka Member

Aerial Photographer
    Balance:
    - 46Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Howdy gents. I'm Macka or as my mum likes to call me Mark. I hail from Brisbane in Australia. Have been browsing the forum for a couple of months soaking up the sim vibes. I am originally from an aviation back ground and had an affinity with flight and military sims. I recently took up the challenge of sim motor racing. I can honestly say I suck at it. But I'm not in a hurry. My original intention was to build a sim using the abundance of the collective knowledge here at X-sim forums. As I had only recently returned here it became obvious that a complete lack of tools and facilities for a DIY project was going to be nearly as costly if not more expensive as some of the solutions available through some of the members here. The lack of components ie actuators, my lack of electronics skills and high cost of products like 8020 here in Australia meant it was going to be a pretty daunting and expensive undertaking. Why reinvent the wheel. So I am sitting here writing from my partially completed SimXperience powered project (Thx Berney, probably the most painless and joyous construction project I ever undertook). I am slowly starting to get to know my way around the software and tweaking profiles. Managed to successfully merge one of Ledfoots great iRacing profiles with the brilliant SimRdisp profile last night. Next stop is creating profiles from scratch :) Looking forward to getting to know you all. What times the Bar open?? :)

Cheers
    Macka