1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Patte83

Patte83 Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    thanks you it did work ;)
  2. dureiken

dureiken Active Member

Balance:
    1,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 2 / -0
    Hi here !

@pmvcda happy to read you, I thought you had health problem

I noticed a problem on my 6dof rig V2 which uses @Motion4Sim controller, don't know where it comes :

When I sent a direct actuator move in rig window : +240mm gives me a real 240mm, but -240mm gives me a -280mm.

By the way, heave, roll, pitch and others are not good because all negative value are more than given.

Don't know if it's clear ?

thanks for the help
  3. Chipless

Chipless Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for a potentially dumb question, but I am pretty much brand-new to Mover:

Can anyone suggest how to take a pose used in iRacing and convert it to AMS2? I think some of the gains need to be flipped to negative. All my gains for this particular pose are positive in iRacing, and when I try it in AMS2, some of the axis are opposite. I've tried to test and determine which ones need to be flipped, but some were hard to determine (like heave for instance).
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    In the gain use -1 to invert the direction
  5. Chipless

Chipless Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the response. I am specifically wondering which directions need to be inverted. Is there a way to tell without guessing? I tried to do it by testing/feeling but it’s difficult to know if it’s correct for heave (as one example).
  6. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Hey guys, hoping for some help with a "washout" filter.

I have a HighPass at 2000, followed by two Low Passes at 100.
    Problem 1:
    Sometimes it overshoots into the opposite direction.
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    Is there any way to avoid this?

Problem 2:
    The washout "eats up" signals.
    Example:

[​IMG]
    As you can see, the Grey area, has two signals going into negative, however the filtered Blue area, does not produce a signal for the second bump in Grey.
    I'm looking for it to do something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Where the second, smaller signal in Grey, still produces a response from the filter, instead of being "eaten" by it.

Any suggestions on how to fix these two issues?
    Here is the simple filter chain that I'm using for these examples.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    This problem of the washout filter "eating" signals is really annoying, as what is happening; under braking I get the initial response of the dip down, but as I start modulating the brakes, I'm not getting anything back from the motion. The rig just steadily rises up over the period of 2000ms and any inputs on the brake pedal do not produce any additional motion, unless I completely let go of it.

The overshooting problem is also an issue as it produces sometimes a violent rocking motion, as the filtered signal goes into the opposite direction, even though that there is no original signal from the sim, to do so.
  8. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    A filter is a device that reduces some harmonics high,middle,low elements from a given signal. The shape is the result of the fourier calculation, so it is not possible to create any arbitrary shapes.
  9. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I'm not looking to create any specific shapes.
    I'm looking for the filter to not introduce unwanted signals, nor for it to remove signal where there should be one.
  10. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Could the noise filter be used to create a wing rock at a certain AOA?
  11. Chipless

Chipless Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please explain the process for determining if a simulator is outputting positive or negative numbers for any given value in Mover? I am having the hardest time determining which gains need to be flipped/inverted between different simulators, and I am sure there must be an established method to verify how a simulator is outputting various telemetry values (e.g. positive vs negative), but I don't know how to determine it.
  12. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF

This is the wing rock I am referring to. Definitely a wing rock and not a vibration about the longitudinal axis. I have read in a flight report on the Hornet that it occurs around 22 degrees AOA.
  13. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I sort of go by feel. Isolating the specific value (turning everything else off) and just running it to see if the value needs to be flipped or not just based on the motion. I know this is not very helpful to your specific question, but i"m not sure if there is some sort of a comprehensive way to determine what needs to be flipped via a documentation or some sort of a read-out in the app itself.
  14. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    If I am not misconcepting - rotations should be easy to determine as they should be in the direction of the moving object. Concerning translations,
    - deceleration means surge back and
    - acceleration surge forward.
    - Turn left sway right and
    - turn right sway left.
    - Heave is easy in the airplane - pulling the g‘s (nose up) - heave up,
    - nose down - heave down. In a car you have to experiment a bit more. I would start with positive data up and negative down.

After you did this you can add coordination channel:
    Acceleration - hill up
    Deceleration - hill down
    Turn left - tilt right
    Turn right - tilt left
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  15. Hexaman

Hexaman New Member

Balance:
    - 68Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone confirm if KartKraft is still working as a source?
    I've enabled UDP to port 5000, the KartKraft source in Mover is configured correctly, and I've clicked "Connect". I've closed all other programs and have tried different ports, but the numbers all remain at: 0.000
  16. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I think I wrote wrong, should be:
    Turn left - sway left
    Turn right - sway right
  17. Scotchy49

Scotchy49 New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi,

FlyPTMover won't start today, it seems it is trying to reach a certain server but failing ?

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 85.242.145.61:80
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
    at Mover.Setups.SaveSharedSetup.Exists()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at Mover.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
  18. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    imo. it has something to do with absent internet connection, ignore it.
  19. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino

One instance for me is the Sway from Slipping the aircraft. I set it up so that the Lateral acceleration, rotates me Left / Right since I don't have Yaw axis in my motion rig. This one sometimes needs to be reversed. I basically want to be rotated opposite of the yawing, so if the aircraft is yawing to the right, I want to simulate the weight transfer I should feel, pulling me to the left, so the rig needs to lean left. Telemetry sometimes is different between games and in some instances I have to invert it, if I remember correctly.
  20. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Any suggestions on how to tweak movement for turbulence?
    I'm redoing and rethinking my approach to setting up the profiles for the flight-sim (MSFS).

I've setup my new FlyPT profile in MSFS using "Clear Skies". Current setups is decent gives me a good responsive motion, but could be a bit twitchy.

Once I've switched to real weather though, and dealing with gusts, the motion rig is very twitchy and unpleasant.

Now, I understand that that's the turbulence for you, "Fasten your seat-belts" is there for a good reason.
    However I don't want to slow down the rig, as its responsive in the fine weather and I like that, but is there a way to setup filters so that they dampen very harsh oscillations, without loosing fidelity in more reasonable range of movement?

Low Pass filters seem to slow down the entire range.

What I'm thinking of is filtering the rate of change in a direction.

So let's say my highest rate of roll when I simply control the aircraft is 2 degrees per second (completely made up number). But in a windy flight, with gusts, the wind can tumble the aircraft with a roll rate of 10 degrees per second. My motion rig responds fine to the 2-5 degree per second roll, but beyond that it becomes very unpleasant and potentially dangerous.

Can I setup a filter so that it looks at this rate of change and controls the highest that the rate of change can be?

Let's say i set it to 5 degrees per second as maximum for the roll. So anything up to that number gets a "normal" input, and anything above get clipped, so that my rig can never roll faster than 5 degrees per second, regardless of what the sim tells it to do.

No idea if this makes sense or not, but I'm trying to get a good responsive motion out of my 4 actuator rig, and I'm sort of there, just need to figure out how to deal with nasty weather on it.