1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Arduino UNO steering wheel DIY

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Anthony atallah, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    113Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Petrol head :) + national economic crisis :sos + lock down :roll = sim racing :grin

Lately I've been getting more and more in the Arduino world and I decided to built my own cheap racing simulator.
    But first I tried to build a no FFB steering wheel kit from parts and scraps that I had.
    Maybe it's like reinventing the wheel (ironically it is :cool:) but I gave it a try.

Below is the best tutorial that helped me to achieve it:
    Arduino UnoJoy Steering Wheel | Gaming steering wheel with Arduino Uno[Steering+Pedals]-ETS2Gameplay - YouTube
    Thanks for the video!

It will take a while and some tinkering to make it work, but the quality is impressive overall. A better potentiometer will improve it also.
    Anyway, it's wayyy better than keyboard racing ;)

Below the first prototype (evo 1) of the kit:

upload_2021-9-5_12-53-29.jpeg upload_2021-9-5_12-53-56.jpeg 20210905_113812.jpg 20210905_113900.jpg 20210905_113844.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pranab Daimary

Pranab Daimary New Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a wonderful piece of work you did there and I myself have been looking for a tutorial that was a bit easy this was perfect for me and just have a question on what's the rotation of the wheel and what's that besides the wheel is it a pedal ?
  3. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    113Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thank you Sir.
    The white cylinder on the steering shaft is a stopper. It rotates a little less than 360*.
    It needs some spring to make the steering a bit harder.
    The third pedal is for the clutch which I didn't wire yet.
    Still the pedals need some upgrades but they're working fine for now.
  4. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    113Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

This is a link for my setup in action:arrow.

There's some more off topic content on my channel maybe you'll find interesting :popcorn.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hulra

Hulra New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    how did you wire the pedals?
  6. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member