1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @Pierre Lalancette, go to FlyPT Mover website and follow the instructions for each game source listed there.

https://www.flyptmover.com/sources/games#h.ixt65x776cik
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Hello. I could not get it working with the 2x25A v2 sabertooth. I ordered the 2x60. As soon as they will arrive i will let you know.
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I think it should work...
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Looking at it
  5. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Please take a look at the site, but LFS as a new version with more data, and the latest version of Mover is made for that version.
    If you are using an old LFS it might not work.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Probably, but i had to modify then the code for arduino to find the correct baud rate and since it was starting to create problem i decided to return the 2x25 and go for the 2x60 better model. At least i will be aligned with all the guides and posts on the forums and not introduce other errors.

One question, meanwhile i get the new motordrives, i was trying to figure out how to use flypt to drive 3 motors that spins omniwheels and control a sphere on top of them. Looking around looks pretty complicated.

My plan is to use 3 arduinos, 2 for the motors outside the sphere, one inside the sphere that sends orientation data outside to the motors so they can keep track of the orientation of the sphere, the slip factor and so.

How can i use flypt to drive such a system and also to make the correct calculations for making the 3 motors working together to find the desired position/motion? Is it possible? Here i found a paper that describes basically what I am tryibgto achieve in theory, but from theory to practical there is a huge gap. You can see the pdf attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hey @pmvcda

I requested this some time ago and you said that it was possible..

Do you think a weapon release (bombs) effect could be included in the next release?
  8. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    My old post for reference..

9. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
  10. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    For this to work, you should send to the arduino with the sensor, what is the desired orientation (yaw, roll and pitch).
    In that arduino, having both the desired orientation and the sensor orientation, your math decides how to move the motors to achieve the desired orientation.
    It's how it works with linear actuators, you send them the desired position and the controller acts depending on the current position.

This is why I said you should use the rig just pose.

Not sure the Arduino is fast enough for the math.
  11. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    ... I think I have it already, I have to see, might be confusing with other sims.
    Added to the list to verify
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanks!
  13. Grucho

Grucho Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

Ok. Theory seems clear to me now. As soon i will get the hardware i will try to connect the prototype and let you know. Many thanks for the help
  14. Michail

Michail Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Is there a discord server for flypt mover?
  15. Racerr87

Racerr87 New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is a flypt mover section in the thanos motion discord.
  16. Bjarte Myklebust

Bjarte Myklebust New Member

Balance:
    46Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I Finally found out that it was not simtools causing microstutter in ACC. As Simtools was only the last drop to make it very noticeable. The main issue was that "in game steam overlay" was enabled.

/Bjarte
  17. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I tried to connect mover with the new Simtools 3. Every times I tried, Simtools simply crashed. I guess it is not compatible. It still works well with Simtools 2.6. Am I the only one having tried it with Simtools 3?
  18. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Where can I find the parameter for maximum rotate angle of the motor? Pose limits are red and shown out of range.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  19. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Hello Guys, I hope you can help me to solve my problems. I add a rig H3 because it is similar to mine DIY, 2dof and traction loss.
    Where can I set the axes limits? like in simtools? What ist the different between pose limits and drive pose? and how to setup when i want to add 50° up and 50° down?

[​IMG]
    How can I invert, when motor one on dirve positive run right, and motor 2 positive drive left? Where can I setup which axes is which motor?

I want to use "car blackbox" ore "form motion" or only for virtual tracker and stay with simtools for motion. But honestly I would like the motion to get from flypt, because i like the RPM and suspension motion so much.

What to setup here:
    [​IMG]
    I will add an extra motor back to have at the back 2 motors combined to have traction loss and combined with the 2 on the front ability for heave. How to setup this then as rig? Do I have to choose '"just pose output" or 4 x "1 DOF with single rotating actuator"?!

Maybe there is an dedicated flyptmover discord except of the thanos discord?
  20. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    afaik, pose limit is the max travel or rotation like a software limiter. Start position is normally from zero to a middle position (127 000) while drive position is variation from that middle point like a offset or shift.
    The software calculates the position change, the motor direction left or right is managed from the motor controller.