1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Timo's motion sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by tppohja, Apr 21, 2010.

1. tppohja

tppohja New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

Some pictures of my project, currently I am not planning to use x-sim software, I already made software for LFS and rFactor for my sim.
    Motor control-software is now under work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feel free to comment!!
  2. Nexus6

Nexus6 New Member

Entwicklungsingenieur
    Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey tppohja nice work. Look like the poffessional wok of an expert.

The following criticism is not against you. Do not misunderstood. I would be happy with a simulator like yours.

I think the major problems of design like yours are the wrong rotationaxes. To create feelings as realistic as possible the axes do not have to intersect the center of mass. They need to intersect the head or better the ears, because there is our equilibrium organ. This organ is resposible to detect rotational accelerations.
    And we dont want to detect the rotational asseleration because they are not realistic. I dont understand this in the designs like yours.
    Sorry for that very german english.

cu
  3. tppohja

tppohja New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that is just hardware work of software guy :)
    Still long way to go.

I have been thinking also that rotationaxes thing. It is very hard to build, and I'm not sure is it so much more realistic than this. I just don't know, I have never even been in moving simulator before... :D
  4. avaisane

avaisane New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice fabrication. Being sw-guy is not so bad thing at all..... ;0) Which motors you planning to use? Keep up good work! I hope I can start to post my simulator project progress. That's following simxperience design with scn5s
  5. tppohja

tppohja New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The plan is to install two wiper motors per axel. Each motor will be driven with Parallax HB-25. The motors are from Volkswagen Golf, these are brand new, price 29€/motor.
  6. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jeehehee, very nice !

Do not forget to put a moveable weight under a rig :), to balance the weightpoint.

Attached Files:

7. tppohja

tppohja New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The first test drive has been driven... It moves, but lot of things still to do...

8. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Wow! I'm deeply impressed! :clap:

How does the driving feel? With these rotation angles you can simulate a relatively wide range of g's for acceleration and curves. Does it match the feelings like when you're driving in a real car?
  9. tppohja

tppohja New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure how it feels, awful :D .
    It is pretty fast, the response is quite quick, even quicker than I thought. There is still something to do with the motor control code. It can be better.