1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Any news on 3.6?
  2. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I went through 3.6 beta 2 and beta 3 again. In Oct 2021 I was asking for auto connect/disconnect for sources and apparently FS2020 was a big challenge to make it work. Unfortunately between 3.6 beta2 and beta3 the part of the code responsible for smooth start/stop transitions was partially broken. Apparently, what could have been a relatively easy fix became problematic due to the lack of archives of commits. Now that the highly anticipated mover 4.0 has not appeared, I don't know if maintaining version 3 is still possible. Let's hope so.
  3. parkerfly5150

parkerfly5150 New Member

Balance:
    13Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Anyone using DCS World, have you successfully added an additional source value within the DCS_To_FlyPT_Mover.lua?

I'm trying to get values such as RPM and airspeed but my attempts to follow the syntax and variable references always stop FlyPT from loading telemetry. I use the F-14 module and know that these values are specific to the aircraft module.

I tried using Helios export calls from my Helios_F14.lua such as... "MainPanel:get_argument_value(1057), -- RPM L bar" but to no avail. I'm hoping anyone who was successful wouldn't mind sharing their mover.lua file.

I've tried...
    • uncommenting "-- local engine = LoGetEngineInfo()" and then adding an additional "%.4f" in the string.format and then "engine.RPM.left" in the following list.
    • adding "local MainPanel = GetDevice(0)", "local rpm=MainPanel:get_argument_value(1057)", and then "rpm" in the string format section.
    ... among many others. Any additional entry I add never shows up in the list on the DCS Source value, even if no data shows. Is this even possible? I thought it was but maybe was mistaken.

Thanks!
  4. Bjarte Myklebust

Bjarte Myklebust New Member

Balance:
    46Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

I have tried FlyPT mover for some time now. And I'm not able to get the tractionloss as good as in Simtools.
    Have tried filter EMALP(EMAHP()) and other types of tips I've found in this thread.
    I'm mostly driving in AC and ACC.

The reason I have tried FlyPT Mover is that Simtools do cause microstutters in ACC on my setup. (Probably not Simtools alone). But when stopping simtools the microstutters disappear.
    I have not been able to test Simtools V3 yet...

Any suggestions for traction loss on Fly PT?

/Bjarte
  5. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Did you try on the Yaw Axis: Lateral accelaration (m/s), instead of yaw speed? I had good results there. Just as a suggestion. with a little EMALP(EMAHP()) of course.
  6. Bjarte Myklebust

Bjarte Myklebust New Member

Balance:
    46Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi Bastiuscha,

Yes I did try with the yaw acceleration. But the effect was so strong, that I had problems with setting the gain low enough. Gain = 0.001 was still quite powerful. (From memory)

/Bjarte
  7. gianlu320

gianlu320 Member

Balance:
    542Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Did anybody try mover with the new version of BMS?
    4.37 has vr support now and I briefly tried mover with my motion platform but I get a weird behaviour in pitch.
    I use Pitch speed but when I do a looping at the top of the looping it has a strange behaviour, similar to what the old dcs plugin (not the experimental one) was doing in simtools.
    I think it has something to do with the 180 degrees inversion but I am not sure...
    Also say I am level on the horizon and I roll 90 degrees, so now one wing points the ground and the other points the sky, then I pitch, but there is no pitch motion.

Any Ideas?
  8. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Unfortunately I don’t know the game but if it outputs pitch angular velocity (speed) it should be no problem with inversion. Are you mixing surge in pitch and sway in roll (coordination channel) ?
    It’s hard to guess what you call „wired without seeing numbers in a concrete example.
  9. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Maybe just isolate the pitch only by disabling any other axes and try to figure out if there is any issues with it.
  10. gianlu320

gianlu320 Member

Balance:
    542Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @hexpod

Thanks for trying to help.
    I think you are right, Falcon BMS doesn't output pitch angular velocity (speed).

This is what it outputs, and it is similar to what Msfs does.
    What would you youse instead of Pitch angular velocity?

Thanks again for the help
    Falcon bms.jpeg
  11. gianlu320

gianlu320 Member

Balance:
    542Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Actually I made a mistake, if I scroll down on the sources I can see the Pitch angular velocity (Degree/S) correctly listed in the available sources.
    The problem is this..
    When the sim is running and mover is connected, Pitch angular velocity has a meaningless value.
    It is always 0 and it jumps to something different than 0 when I pitch up for an instant but it returns back to 0 and it does it so fast that I can't even read what number it changes to in that instant.
    Any idea of what I could use instead of angular velocity?
    @pmvcda
    Any chance you could check the Bms source to see if something is wrong?
    Probably it has nothing to do with mover, it might well be something is screwed up on the shared memory of BMS
  12. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    « Pitch angular velocity has a meaningless value.
    It is always 0 and it jumps to something different than 0 when I pitch up for an instant but it returns back to 0 and it does it so fast that I can't even read what number it changes to in that instant. »

It returns to 0 even if you keep continue to pitch ?? The value should correspond to aircraft angular rate. (Not Angular Position). Check the roll speed… also strange ?

Edit:
    In a fighter jet I would expect values up to 10 (deg./s) when you pull strongly on the yoke/stick, dropping close to 0 when you stop pitching.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  13. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    If I recall well, extra1, when available, is a standard for yaw velocity in deg./sec. - mover name « yaw speed » (traction loss) for others dealing with simtools.

I can’t remember exactly if the standard smoothing in simtools is a « first order » or « second order » - EMA LPF. (Nothing to do with DEMA LPF!)

As you tried already the 1st order, just try the 2nd.:
    EMALP-EMALP-EMAHP.
    You just tune the strength of smoothing (EMALP) and « washout » (EMAHP) and you should get very similar behavior in Mover.

Edit:
    You can even apply the third order:
    low pass - low pass - low pass - high pass.
    Sometimes it is very helpful.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  14. gianlu320

gianlu320 Member

Balance:
    542Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @hexpod Thanks a lot for your suggestions .

Pitch angular velocity returns to 0 even if I continue to pitch and the same behaviour happens with roll.
    Let's say I do a tonneau, so a continous roll, the source (Roll angular velocity) is 0 at the starting of the roll, it randomly changes to some value instantly (i can't even read the value) and it goes back to 0 but in the mean time I am continuing to roll.
    In pitch is the same...
    I do a looping, and at the start of the looping the value is 0, it changes instantly to some unreadable value and goes back to 0 but in the mean time I am continuing with my looping manoeuvre so a continous pitch.

I tested only roll and pitch, separate and together as well.

When I test pitch only, in a looping when the nose is 90 degrees up (pointing the sky) as soon as I cross the 90 degrees and the artificial horizon inverts, the motion platform goes full nose down.

When I test roll only, in a looping when the nose is 90 degrees up (pointing the sky) as soon as I cross the 90 degrees and the artificial horizon inverts, the motion plaftorm goes full right (Bank full right).

When I test pitch and roll together in the same looping, again 90 degrees up, as soon as I cross the 90 degrees up and the artificial horizon inverts, I get the motion platform full nose down and at the same time, the bank full right.

Sorry for the long post, but I want to give as many details as I can.
    I tested these weird behaviours quite carefully and can confirm that Dcs and MSFS behave properly on my motion platform using roll and pitch angular velocity.
  15. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    pitch position, pitch speed + integration, pitch acc. + double integration
    additional you can test mover and hardware with source loop, with wave type sinus for smooth motion.
  16. gianlu320

gianlu320 Member

Balance:
    542Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @wingert
    Thanks for your imputs.
    Two sentences but a lot to digest...
    I need to study some more to understand what you wrote:grin
  17. mm982566

mm982566 New Member

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Looking forward to the next version:cheers:cheers
  18. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I think what he means is to let Mover do the maths to derive it from another value. I am not sure of his proposed solution though.

I am assuming to you want the rate of pitch change. It looks like that what you are seeing is pitch acceleration, not the rate of change.

You can calculate both from the pitch position with a mover function. DIF(pitch value) is the rate of change/pitch speed, DIF(DIF(pitch value)) is the pitch acceleration/rate of pitch speed change.
  19. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Is there any demo version of Falcon game ?
  20. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I was able to open the game.
    DIF is a good approach to add velocity but how do you deal with the jump from 180 to -180 which occurs when the aircraft is inverted. Do we have a math for this in mover?
    I tried rollover with 180 but without success until now