1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    3,6 has a complex math for transitional exit from e singularity position which @pmvcda developed.
    It could be he didn’t published it because he didn’t judged this build safe enough. I don’t know the exact reason.
    If you want I can share it for experimental purpose. You use it at your own risk.
  2. Nick Clements

Nick Clements New Member

Balance:
    312Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    Happy to give it try if you don’t mind sharing.
  3. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    There is still some issues (some minor bugs like triggering sources and transitions missing when data starts/stops to flow. It can still kick hard)
  4. Nick Clements

Nick Clements New Member

Balance:
    312Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    Thanks for the offer , but I don’t think my rig would like being kicked hard, especially at this early stage. I’ll stick with the stable version for now.
  5. DerKlausi

DerKlausi New Member

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to FlyPT and currently trying to get my DOF-Reality P6 working with it. I'm using the 6DOF rotating hexapod as RIG and so far got all axes working properly.

Now there's one issue: as soon as I activate a POSE in RIG, even if it is a blank one with all default values, actuators (that is, motors) number 4 and 6 will instantly jump to a position at roughly half of the max.
    negative range as displayed in RIG under "Actuator position test". All remaining 4 motors are staying at zero (level position) as expected. As soon as I uncheck the POSE in RIG, motors 4 & 6 will jump back to level position.

Any ideas what could be the reason of this behaviour are much appreciated!

Cheers,
    DK
  6. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,203Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,181 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

Please share the build you have.
    In reality I made changes to it and did not keep that one.
    Current one I have is not working and is not safe at all.

Althought that one is not 100%, it's an upgrade.
  7. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I also use a DOFReality P6 and have FlyPT setup to work with it. My P6 is an older one from 2020 with the old firmware and older style gearboxes and motors on it so this might not work for you, but I've attached my mover file for you to try as a starting point.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. jdmkun

jdmkun New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hello fellow simmers,
    I am using FlyPT with a 3DOF SFX-100 rig along with a NLR V3 seat mover. I primarily fly helicopters in MSFS 2020 in VR. The combination of the actuators with the seat mover work really well for me while in the air. I also get a nice landing effect. I am also using Sim Racing Studio. The biggest challenge I've tried to figure out, but can't, is getting a feeling of weightlessness at takeoff or the feeling of a hover. I'm hoping that the next release of MSFS 2020 will fix the telemetry data for helicopters. In the meantime, has anyone had any luck with creating that feeling of momentary weightlessness (or in helicopter talk, light on the skids)? Would the Pose motion be on the ground or in the air? I've been playing with both.
  9. DerKlausi

DerKlausi New Member

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot, very much appreciated!

I tried your file and after re-arranging actuator assignments and correcting inversions, all basic poses appear to be working. It seems the offset I described in my previous post had been caused by the wrong vert. angle settings.

Now what's currently happening is that I'm running into singularities even though I'm well within the rig's physical limits, but I assume this could be due to wrong geometry parameters as well. I'll keep on toying...

Cheers,
    DK
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    After having a nice dinner with @Dirty, he advised one clever thing which he’s using in his software. In fact, it could be that the majority of nasty kicks appearing when data flow starts/stops, comes from vertical accel having a value +10. he overcomes this issue by making standard values 10,0,0 (vertical, lateral, longitudinal).
    Knowing that not many car games are using 10m/ss, would it be possible to set such a « standard » at least for all flying titles and avoid this vertical kick ?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF

Attached Files:

12. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Maybe you could implement a mechanism which detects when the data stops to flow and apply a transition. (Or it is already there but got broken)

Thank you very much for all efforts
  13. Ari_Sväng

Ari_Sväng New Member

Balance:
    43Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,
    I have driven with my simulator for a little while now, but now I have a problem with it. Mover shows that UI latency is sometimes almost 200ms and the simulator is really jerky. I found some old posts with same kind of problems, but I didn´t found why that happened.

It is possible that FlyPT isn´t the main reason for my problem, because my CPU uses about 70 - 85% of it´s capacity when I am driving Dirt Rally 2.0 or Assetto Corsa and the FlyPT is on. My PC is the same than week ago when everything was working. Before when everything was working, I never checked CPU usage, so I don´t know was it the same 70 - 85%. I also didn´t checked UI latency so I don´t know what is normal level.

I made my setup for Dirt with FlyPT tutorial video from youtube, so I don´t have any wierd filterings which could slow down.

I am really novice with PC´s so good advices could be useful. Do you have any idea could the FlyPT cause the problem or where should I start looking?

Br,
    Ari
  14. sallerding

sallerding Member

Balance:
    326Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I w
    I suggest that you add some filters to prevent the jerky movements. Trying to work out what filters works from scratch is difficult. So I would test some flypt profiles from the online repository when in flypt and find one for your rig type and dirt, and see what works and refine from there.
  15. hexpod

Balance:
    7,098Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF

Phyphox experiment realised 2 m below pilot's head. (I guess). Cross-reference data for eventual comparison with motion simulator
    • Like Like x 2
  16. smitty

smitty Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    613Coins
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    oh man thats a bummer, i use voicemeeter to make my vr headset not freak out MSFS when its usb's power up
  17. deadlymanager

deadlymanager Member

Balance:
    3Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    WTF.jpg
    FlyPT 3.5.3 (12 09 2021) and WIP 3.6.0 what the problem? I can't launch. Nothing after run. 3.5.3 without upgrade working, but after start show me 2 errors, I ignore it and all fine.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  18. digitalmonk

digitalmonk Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if F1 2022 will work with the f1 2020 source? There is no direct game source for it.
    How are the game sources added in? I'm assuming Pedro has to update the release to include it?
  19. Chipless

Chipless Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I am at a cross-roads with my sim rig potentially adding some additional motion cues, and I need to make a decision about controlling my four SFX-100 actuators via a Thanos controller: Should I stick with Sim Racing Studio (SRS), or switch to FlyPT Mover? I only use the SFX-100 actuators for heave, roll, and pitch effects (e.g. I don't attempt to use them to simulate sway, surge, or traction loss). Does anyone have experience switching from SRS to FlyPT or vice versa? I am hesitant to lose some of the haptics that SRS offers, but I don't know if I would gain something with FlyPT that would make that loss worth it. Thanks for any info you can spare!
  20. zhai1987

zhai1987 Member

Balance:
    320Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor
    The same goes for mine. Why? Does anyone know?