1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Can Project CARS 3 share memory ?

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by Gouffy56, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Gouffy56

Gouffy56 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    298Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi!

On my gamers, on Project Cars 2, the share memory setting offers the following options: NO, YES and Project Cars . If you select YES, then Project Cars 2 can share its memory with other applications such as SIMTOOLS to drive a rig (I have two five motions rigs).

On Project Cars 3, the only options I have regarding the share memory setting are: NO, Pjoject Cars 1 and Project Cars 2. This means I cannot activate my rigs with Project cars 3. Is there any means correcting this situation, I mean having my rigs' actuators working while playing with Project Cars 3 ?

Regards
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,463Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    There are two similar yet different sets of telemetry data available for PC3: Either the original PC1 set or the slightly modified dataset from PC2. There is no specific dataset for PC3. So you can chose either or.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gouffy56

Gouffy56 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    298Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Youpy! I found what was going on. Based on your imput and the fact that PC3 was correctly patched with a valid pluggin (I used 2 from 2 different sources), I dug into the system parameters settings and I found there was a discrepancy between the memory setting (PC2) and the UDP mode (No) and protocol (PC1) settings; I have no idea what UDP stands for, but anyway by setting the mode to 4 and the version to PC2, it works now. Thank you for your paramount input.