1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Ampflow E30-150-24 paired with Sabertooth 2x32?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by HI_iam_new, Sep 26, 2022.

1. HI_iam_new

HI_iam_new 0dof

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello! I've been thinking of pairing an Ampflow E30-150 24V motor with a Sabertooth 2x32, and am wondering whether it'd be a mistake to do so.

I'm aware that the Sabertooth 2x60 is available and is likely a better choice for this motor, but I also understand that Sabertooth recommends a battery be wired in parallel with the power supply. I'm planning on using this motor in my bedroom and am very hesitant to introduce battery acid to this area. Therefore I'm considering using the 2x32, instead, and am wondering what the consequences of doing so would be.

I'm unable to link an image of the motor's specs, although you can find it with the following link: https://www.ampflow.com/motors/highPerformance/threeInch/

Here is a link for some information on the Sabertooth 2x32: https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/sabertooth2x32

The E30-150-24's current draw at peak efficiency is about 17A, while it draws about 64.4A at peak wattage.
    The Sabertooth 2x32 can supply 32A continuously, and up to 64A at it's peak.

I think this combination will work, but I also think that I might be interpreting the motor data incorrectly. Maybe I'm supposed to use the maximum current draw (125A) when the motor producing maximum torque? If that's the case, then it seems the 2x32 is inadequate for this job. Hopefully that isn't the case.

Thank you for your time. I hope I explained it well enough. If not, let me know how I can do so.
  2. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    Hi it,s hard to say without knowing what type of sim you want to build.
    Those 125A is stall torque the motor will get very hot there, no need to come there.
    A 2x32A sabertooth got soft current limiting from 1 to 64 amp and most sims can be build with it
    regards AD
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HI_iam_new

HI_iam_new 0dof

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for your response. The purpose will be for a traction loss actuator, so the motor will not have to work against gravity. The only concern is the inertia of the rig when catching a slide, but your reply makes me believe that this combination will work well for this purpose. Thanks again! :D
  4. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    A first cim motor will work also , but saves you money
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HI_iam_new

HI_iam_new 0dof

Balance: