1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

RBR plugin retraction

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by FAG, Sep 23, 2009.

1. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Re: FAG RBR plugin sellout

I believe Sirnoname raised pretty good points in here!

If Frex or any other co wishes to have this sort of attitude against any community of developers (by not supporting them), they are simply killing themselves!

Reviewing all the discussion, and Sirnoname opinion about that, I can conclude the following:

There is no problem in commercial companies using this forum information to improve their products as long as they DO support the community (this means provide something in exchange).
    Imposing such exclusivity restriction on FAG's work (inside the community) does NOT help either the community or their ability to keep it working on the long therm.

However, I really don't know if there is anyway to prevent these things from happening. It depends on each individual, I would assume FAG learned the lesson.

Cheers,

MY
  2. FAG

FAG New Member

Perm/Russia
    Balance:
    413Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes
  3. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

:cheers:
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Sorry, I didnt express myself well. I mean sales talks havent been an issue at all in this thread. I just wanted to clarify my position regarding commercial members.

I admit I might have used this proper term on purpose, as I felt disappointed for what happened.
    However, I dont want him to be turned off either, and hope that he chooses a different licensing model the next time, which somehow includes us non-commercial users as beneficiaries as well.
    So I'll change the topic title to the one you did propose now.

:cheers:

:thbup:
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0