1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello Gwiz, Thanks for the help...

I have copy the setup of someone that has the same type of belt, and when I connect it to the Thanos board use to work... I just leave the things that I think are related to the belt and connect it to the Mega.. but nothing happened..

I should have 2 buttons for regulating the initial tension of the belt, that's why there is stall and flaps

What I'm doing wrong??... Sometimes the servo moves... but is just once in a while, buttons don't work.. just a few times had moved... If I connect it to the game... nothing happened

THANKS!!!!

P.S Picture is attached.. hope it uploads correctly

Attached Files:

2. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Can you get the servo to move smoothly or at all with the actuator slider? Try increasing the Interval loops to 5 and see if that makes any difference. If you can get the servo to move over it's full range with the actuator slider, everything else will follow on from that and you will be able to get it responding to the game with the correct settings but the slider has to work first. If the servo moves with the slider but erratically, the bit range may be incorrect.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    -Can you get the servo to move smoothly or at all with the actuator slider? -> No

-Try increasing the Interval loops to 5 and see if that makes any difference. -> that would be "Value range to bit..."? I have changed it up to -5000 and 5000... if it is the value of flaps and stall, I have also changed to near those values.. and nothing....

Actually dont know what else to do...might be the Mega coding? It is intended to actuators... but this has to work with thise settings.. it should move!!!

Im 100% lost...
  4. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino

Here goes a few pics.. Still not working... sometimes.. from time to time while I change values... it moves a bit...
    But without logic...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!!
  5. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi Rolo, Depending on what Arduino sketch you are using, I think it is expecting the values from FlyPT to be in a different format. Try changing the Output string to:

<255><255><Belts><0><0><0><0><0><0>

I haven't used the code by Cubexxx on the other thread, but it looks like it requires a couple of 255 values followed by 4 values of 2 bytes each (Belts will give 2 bytes). If this doesn't work, let us know what arduino sketch you are using and we might be able to figure it out from there. Assuming, this format is correct, you could also try <255><255><0><0><Belts><0><0><0><0> or <255><255><0><0><0><0><Belts><0><0> etc. This will likely work depending on what arduino pins are expected on the sketch to be used vs which ones you have connected.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Could also try <Belts><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0>
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    WORKING!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Now the second step... I have defined 2 buttons... one that tightens the belt and the other that loosens it....

For that I define stall and flaps... they work, but when I release the button, they come back to the original position, how can I make them stay in the position and not turn back??

Done!!! INT filter did the work.... Now I will try it... If I die suffocated is because I did something wrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks... and sorry for the so inexpert questions!
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  8. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I think for the buttons to work as you want them to you would either need to have the physical button to be latching rather than momentary or alternatively alter the arduino code so that it holds the last know position. I suspect at the moment the buttons will output a value via the arduino that will move the belt servo whilst held down but will return this value back to zero when released. I'm not aware of a way of changing this in FlyPT Mover directly.

Looking at your control panel picture, it looks like the belt tension toggle is a momentary 3 way switch so if you don't want to change this to a latching version, reflashing the arduino with a modified sketch would be the way to go.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino

Thanks a LOT, Gwiz... You had helped me a lot!!

I have this working now...

The idea for the tension button is to adjust when for example my daughters use the rig for the roller coaster sim, or when someone with a shape different than mine will use it.

I leave the belt in the "neutral" position for me and then I connected everything, so the "home" of the motor will be always the same... almost as I wanted, but I can live with it!

The other problem is that when I press the 3 way momentary switch, the motor moves, and when I take my finger the motor went back to the original position. Using the INT filter, it leaves the slider and the motor in that position. The only problem is the one above, at the start, the motor will always start from its initial position... but if everything (belts) are a well set up, it's OK.

Here is a pic...

THANKS AGAIN!!!

[​IMG]

With the INT filter for Flaps and Stall, the slider moves and stay where you leave it... perfect for this case
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. VirtualObsession

VirtualObsession Member Gold Contributor

IT developer
    Balance:
    256Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Something strange is going on with Mover, motion telemetry and DCS, at the moment.

So far, I retested the SU-25, SU-25T, SU-27, and SU-33. Mover is not receiving any telemetry from these aircraft.

The L-39, P-51D and Mi-8MTV2 are working as normal, providing Mover with motion telemetry.

I'm testing using the same Mover profile for all these aircraft.

Anyone have an idea what the issue could be? Have I screwed up somewhere? Or maybe it's a recent DCS issue?
  11. myheadhurts330

myheadhurts330 New Member

Balance:
    45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Is anyone else getting this unhandled exception error whenever they start up FlyPT?

"WaveBadFormat calling waveOutOpen"

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    Mover.MoverAudio.MmException: WaveBadFormat calling waveOutOpen
    at Mover.MoverAudio.Wave.WaveOutEvent.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider)
    at Mover.Utils.Audio.AudioMix..ctor(Int32 _deviceIndex)
    at Mover.Utils.Audio.UpdateListOfAudioDevices()
    at Mover.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at Mover.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    FlyPT Mover
    Assembly Version: 3.3.4.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/FlyPT/FlyPT%20Mover.exe
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4395.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    MySqlConnector
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/FlyPT/FlyPT%20Mover.exe
    System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
  12. FargusFaustmeister

FargusFaustmeister Member

Engineering Technologist
    Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Can FlyPT Mover be run on a separate device from the one that is actually playing the game? Or is it required to be running on the same machine that is running the source?

Wow, just found the answer: if the game supports UDP mode it can be played on a separate device than the one running FPTM provided they're on the same network. Why do I ALWAYS find answers I need SECONDS after posting about it??

In the case of using ODrives, do you control them directly over USB with FPTM?

I'm wondering if the rugged Arduino Mega I just bought is actually going to be needed o_O
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  13. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello..
    Every time I connect FlyPt, the motor (belt) spins a few turns a bit fas... I would love that anytime I connect the Mega, the motor stays just in the place it is or just move fewer turns and slower..
    How can I do that?
    My actual setup

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!
  14. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello..
    Got a question about filters...
    4DOF rig..
    AMS2, As I use VR I like the surge effect, so I have a pitch effect high... the problem, is gear change... they make me shake a lot and are very uncomfortable on sequential cars...
    What filters do I need to use to make it less aggressive the gear change and keep the pitch for breaking and accel?
    I had logistic, but they make all slow...
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks!
  15. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,097Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Did you tried to superpose two ema LP on your longitudinal axis ?
  16. hexpod

Balance:
    7,097Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    btw. If you use a coord. channel (mixig pitch) than definitely you have to use several EMA LP on it
  17. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Im here right now...
    Not that bad...
    EMALP(EDYNLP(VALUE;0.000;15.000);200.000)
    But I have only tested it with the effect isolated and works fine.. at least it feels fine...
    Need to try on track now... "live"

Thanks!!!
  18. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Question to @pmvcda or anyone:
    I understand that «Interval loops» value in OUTPUT is interactively dependent on «Calculation rate» in Mover's «Options».
    So if I leave Interval loops on default '1' and my platform works on 200Hz I could increase Calculation rate from its default 2ms to 5ms ─ saving computational load. Correct?
    My big question is: When I change «Calculation rate» in Mover's Options, do I have to adapt all sample based filters by that very factor? My understanding is that in e.g. EMALP the value is the number of samples (=calculations) taken into account. So increasing the calculation interval would increase the range of time taken into account. But maybe I am completely wrong about that?
  19. hexpod

Balance:
    7,097Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Yes, it seems the weight of filters is related to calculation rate.
  20. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thanks hexpod! BTW, is there a consensus of what update intervals the hardware should have? Is it more like 5 or 50 ms? My hardware is capable of 5ms, but to avoid network jitter the manufactorer recommends to lower it to like 20ms. I suppose it partly depends on layout and absolute ranges?