1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Do you think VR makes you faster in racing games ?

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by PIM1, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    i agree 100% there is nothing better then having a simrig with VR. what VR headset are you running with?
  2. 0v3rkill

0v3rkill Member

Programmer
    Balance:
    - 259Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    hp reverb g2
  3. nivex

nivex New Member

Balance:
    23Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    How do you like using reverb g2 for a longer session? Currently running triple 55" because I was worried about the narrow focus on vr headset but the g2 looks pretty good from few reviews on youtube.
  4. Bord-Ing.

Bord-Ing. New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Of course VR makes me faster -- faster sick :confused:

I never found a good setting for driving and only a half way usable setting for flying (but here the better immersion made a hude difference for my simulator flying skills).

Even worse, I got a little faster when I was driving the Nordschleife with deactivated seat mover because of hardware issues...
  5. ockert engelbrecht

ockert engelbrecht New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 246Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Joyrider
    I have IN proof a lot with VR and motion . Spicily with the third motor on the traction lost .
  6. Dimm-vir

Dimm-vir New Member

programmer 1C
    Balance:
    - 3Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I can't tell that virtual reality is making me go faster in races. Sitting at the monitor with a joystick in hand, it is much easier to control the car, but when you are wearing a helmet and playing on a 2dof platform with a real steering wheel, it is much more difficult to control the gearbox and pedals. True, the pleasure of this is more than on the joystick. VR doesn't make me faster in games, but it does make me faster in a real car.
  7. born2bslow

born2bslow Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    VR made me slower at first, but once you get used to it it's much easier to be consistent. I'm using a Pimax 8kx, and it's bloody lovely. I can't race pancake mode any more.
    • Like Like x 1