1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

calculating torque and linear speed.

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by bob golding, Mar 27, 2022.

1. bob golding

bob golding Member Gold Contributor

retired
    Balance:
    410Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i now have what i think is all the info on my motors to calulate the torque,and the speed at the end of the crank in mm/sec. bit rusty on the maths so looking for some help. they are wheelchair motors. i have 2 pairs of different makes but roughly the same. wattage is 250 speed is 116 rmp on one pair and 132 on the other pair. the crank is going to be around 100/150 mm long. i am following motion4sims design as regards the cranks and rods. i will also try and follow the size of the base if i can fit the ,motors in as my gearboxes are at 90 degrees to the motors. this may mean making the base bigger,not sure if that will make a difference to measurments hence the rough distance of the cranks. it is slowly coming together. need to find another 2 motors. and the money of course.!
  2. bob golding

bob golding Member Gold Contributor

retired
    Balance:
    410Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    right just done some rough calculatons. speed 125 rpm, power 250 watts, torque 16 nM still need to find the linear speed at 100/1500 mm from the centre of the shaft. that should give me the speed of deflection of the platform from horizontal to maximum deflection up and down in any direction. hopefully about 20 degrees depending on the size of the rose/heim joints i use. probably going to go for 24 mm and put spacers in to bring it down to 14mm shaft size.