1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Fanatec wheel modding – additional QR1 (99€) for free - is it just misleading or a fraud?

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Michael Mariacher, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Michael Mariacher

Michael Mariacher Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi all,

I just figured out, based on Fanatec Homepage they are giving a QR1 Wheel-Side (formerly named ClubSport Quick Release Adapter) for free if you purchase a Podium Hub.

If you plan to do some DD1/DD2 modding, it could be the time to order right now.

Let's try....

Michael

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  2. Michael Mariacher

Michael Mariacher Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi all - update.

Homepage_Podium_Hub.jpg

Cart_Podium_plus_CSQR.jpg

Order arrived today. One box labeled "Podium Hub" and one "QR1".

Its_here_01.jpg

After unpacking I was a bit confused, Podium Hub looks different to my previous order, as this one has no quick release attached.

Its_here_02.jpg

Its_here_04.jpg

Its_here_03.jpg

I assume there is another parcel on its way, otherwise it would be quite odd if Fanatec has changed the "Podium Hub" to a "pure version" without QR, and will call it for a limited time "Podium Hub with free Quick release"
    I will keep you updated.
    Michael
  3. Michael Mariacher

Michael Mariacher Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Today I've had a chat with Fanatec. They stated there is no additional "free" QR1.
    It is just a "Pure Hub" with a free(?) QR1.

In my point of view, their homepage is misleading, not saying fraudulent. As I've ordered a Podium Hub last year, I thought I know what to expect with a Podum Hub. Never thought about a Pure Hub. In my last order there is also no comment about a "QR1 for free".
    It seems there will be a 99,- price increase, as they changed the original Hub to a Pure one.

Attached the Podium Order page with all provided pics. Make your own opinion

Michael

Attached Files: