1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Two 12v psu for 24v without parallel?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Jordan Baker, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Jordan Baker

Jordan Baker New Member

Balance:
    8Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    So I've recently made a diy ffb wheel using a broken Trustmaster tx wheel with a stm32f407vet6 board with vnm wheelbase firmware, 1000 p/r omron encoder, I've swapped the servo motor for a dc rs 775 motor, the motor has some insane specs with a stall current of 156A and 1.3Nm of torque, I'm obviously not aiming for that but i already have two identical switching 12v 20a psu's so i was wondering if i got two bts motor drivers and powered them both separately and then outputted them both to the dc motor would the motor be at 24v or would it just be a big bang? I've done a very simple drawing in paint to illustrate what i mean.

Attached Files:

2. Dschadu

Dschadu Active Member

Balance:
    1,933Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    That's not how electricity works. Two power sources in parallel will increase the maximum current, not the voltage.
    Both of them in series will increase the voltage.
    You can put the power supplies in parallel to get more current, but I doubt that you can put two of your motor controllers in parallel. You need a bigger motor controller.

Caution! You CANNOT put your power supplies in series, this will kill one or both of your supplies! There are exceptions, but I do not recommend this path for you.
  3. Tom1980

Tom1980 The Sky Is The Limite

Business Management
    Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    If you need more Voltage then use batteries linked together and then charge them with a charger. This way you can get a constant pure source of power like sine wave tech.