1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I will gladly be the tester! I can’t wait!
  2. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Got some time to look at the new pose and problems on the audio...
    Not solved yet.
    But wanted to show something new for the next build:

upload_2021-10-27_23-23-7.png

upload_2021-10-27_23-24-28.png

This was waiting for some internal updates...
    • Like Like x 5
  3. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @pmvcda just a quick question regarding traction loss , i have made a working mock up of what im hoping will be a affordable traction loss module , to be made using eaisly obtained DIY material ( Other than the AASD15 Servo system setup )it will be constructed of 18mm MDF plates and 50 x 100mm Timber Beams for mounting the various ( 4 off Support plates) ,

Ok so i have got this demo build up and running in mover But am using Yaw speed (deg/sec) as Value , is this the correct pose value to be used or Traction loss ..

Reason i ask is that during my initial testing the movement was very aggressive ( make that whiplash inducing pain ) and seemed that i needed to tone down the Input data to achieve smooth sweeping Traction loss motion ..

i'll be the 1st to admit even after reading im still not comfortable with my understanding of filters but do know that they can make all the difference to how a sim performs and smooth out agressive data .. so my question is which filter would you recommend and which value will best give me Truer traction loss ..

My mock up platform has central pivot point at front and the TR actuator range is +/- 75mm can go up to 90 mm once im happy with how the setup performs ..

i know your Busy so more a case of when you get a chnace or i can thorw this out to other members who mihght be taking the same journey to traction loss , all feedback greatly appreciated ... as always once things are verified and the operation confirmed as Good , then i'll release my CAD models and Drawings for all to use if they think it will help their Project :)

Attached Files:

4. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi,
    I've been using the example in @pmvcda 's video on setting up DiRT Rally 2 with pretty good success.
    It uses a CUBIC3(VALUE;0.000008) wrapped in a couple of LP Filters to smooth it.
    It's in the online store under YawVR if you want to take a look in the Pose from Motion.
    Hope this helps.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Actually, I'm at my PC again now, so here it is:
    Using "Yaw speed" on the Yaw DOF
    upload_2021-10-30_19-16-3.png

The Values for it is:

EMALP(EMALP(CUBIC3(VALUE;0.000008);150);150)

And the link to CUBIC3 is:
    https://www.flyptmover.com/basics/filters/operation-filters/cubic3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @chandy21 excellent info , just what i was hoping for , I have a manic day planned , family stuff but will try this 1st thing in the morning , many thanks for the info , it will be put to good use.. i Get the Gist of filters but still a black art so maybe i'll have a play with the New Mover Black Box routine as well to see if that also improves my motion setup ., Thanks Again for the tips :) :cheers
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @chandy21 ,

Hi,

Did not have much time to work in TL yet.
    But, some considerations, or what I think right now:

Traction loss in a real car, can induce some yaw and also sway.
    You can have the rear end slip and make that yaw, or have the 4 wheels slide laterally generating some sway.
    Or even the 4 slidding, with the rear wheels slide more than the front ones and have both effects.

On my examples, since I have a 6DOF rig, sway is already present, so my traction loss, or when i speak of it is mostlly related to yaw.

That is not the case for a 3DOF rig with an extra actuator for yaw.
    What we want is to get some yaw to represent the traction loss, and that is both sway and yaw from the car.

So right now, we can do it with 2 poses. The normal one where we use the real car yaw on the rig yaw. And here I think we should go with speed. But I will talk about some solutions for this later.

And to add the car sway in yaw also, we can add a DOF from value pose:
    upload_2021-10-30_10-33-35.png
    So I'm using the lateral acceleration to generate some yaw.
    If we add this to the other pose, we get some yaw from lateral acceleration and also from yaw speed.
    Ignore the filter I used. MAybe an EMALP would be ebough here. I did not test the values.

I will try to add a module for traction loss, that uses the relation of longitudinal and lateral speeds/accelerations. Not sure it will work well. But using that gives us a different result for sure.

Meanwhile, getting yaw on the rig from the car yaw, can be done in many ways.
    Using the CUBIC3 that gives us a dead zone, or a more complex filter i have in the new black box pose.
    Maybe you could try that one, disabling the other dofs in the check boxes.
    upload_2021-10-30_10-39-45.png

The idea of that pose is to make it easier by hidding the filters and trying to use a simpler "wording".
    Not sure that is the current module availlable in the public build... But it's similar.

Also started a pose to get info from the tires slip. But most games don't have enough info for that.
    We would need slip angle and amount of slip. That one is availlable in Mover, but i don't encourage the use of it. I don't like it currentlly.
    upload_2021-10-30_10-43-28.png
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Please try the black box. But the default values are not good.
    Meanwhile I will get the new module done.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Most welcome!
    I think I’m in the same situation as you. I only have a basic understanding of the Filters at this stage. But I’m enjoying learning!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Ah yes, I currently get Sway translating to the roll actuator in my 3DOF which works pretty well if the car physics do a good job. I adjusted the Gain for Roll down in my Pose so I could feel Sway more than Roll.

I will try the Black Box Pose thanks. I haven’t yet.

I should be able to actually get the Slip Angles and Slip Ratios out of the Drift game I’m working with as the Physics engine calculates it and makes it available, but I’d rather try to find a more generic solution that could work with most games

I think what we really need is the rotation around Yaw that is different to where the car is heading. Which is basically the oversteer amount.
    For which we probably need the Yaw position and the car velocity angle. I don’t think we typically get the second one from most games.
  11. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Many Thanks Guys ,Quickly tried the Cubic Filter as suggested and it seemed to work great , will also now try black box as next test tomorrow , Great info and rapid assitance as always from the members here and @pmvcda we really do appreciate the vast amount of work you do on our behalf , absoloutly great software which your constantly refining and the community benefits big time ..Cheers
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Viktor

Viktor New Member

C# Developer
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    Hi pmvcda,

having a FlyPT Steam Deck Plugin is great Idea.:thumbs

I have the 5x3 Steam Deck, in case you need some Beta Testers... ;)
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  13. Mat_Menzies

Mat_Menzies New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi pmvcda,
    I wanted to let you know of something I found while prototyping, to me it seems like an error and I've since updated my code to handle the error, but would like your input.

I had mover set up to output 8bit decimal data which I was reading into the serial port of Ardiuno, during the ramp-up and shut-down of serial output, Mover was outputting floating point values with 10 digits after the decimal point (for each servo position).
    My code was expecting integers so it was seeing erroneous data, so I piped the output into a second passive serial port and echoed the values, which lead me to the problem.
    I read through the documentation regarding outputs types, but according to my config I think mover should have only output 8bit ints the way I had it configured.
    upload_2021-11-5_20-41-15.png

Attached Files:

14. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi, I will PM you.
    I have to see this better.
  15. dureiken

dureiken Active Member

Balance:
    1,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 2 / -0
    Hi guys

sorry to disturb you again with that, I am trying once again to make Rwash work under DCS, without sucess lol.

As you can see on the different pictures under, 2 little roll and 3 full roll, you can see that even If I change Rwash values, the output is going 180° with position, and I understood it should'nt do that.

If someone could help me ?

thanks

Attached Files:

16. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @pmvcda , another silly but perplexing quiery from me :-( been playing with the Black box option and trying understand what impact each section has on motion , when you hiver over the parameters you wish to update the Help info seems to indicate most most of the msoothness coloum as distance in mm where i thought things like Pitch and roll yaw were generally Angular dims . once again i may have missed this info describing the function of each of the sections in the black box module , if so can someone provide a link to the post if this has already been dealt with please.

my main confusion is around the smoothness and amplitude coloums and what they equate to ref motion:) also i noticed that when i select 4dof rig & TL to enter my actual sim dimensions the L1 and L2 values seem to be swapped when i view them in the 3d Viewer simulation i.e L1 seems to be the width of actuators left to right and L2 is Distance Front to rear ? Cheers Guys

Attached Files:

17. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    I know that I have not been able to help so far, but here is a video of my rig running with RWash in DCS - F15 aircraft.

• Like Like x 3
  18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi, thank's for the feedback.
    I just corrected the L1 / L2 swap. Did not notice that one.

Yes, that's still WIP. The tooltips are there because of copy paste. Sorry.
    There's going to be some changes in the next build:

upload_2021-11-7_9-30-58.png

The smoothnes is to smooth each effect.
    The amplitude gives you more movement.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Just tested it.
    Can't find any problem.
    I see that you are mixing sway in roll and surge in pitch.
    The graphic shows the result with those included. So what you think is caused by the RWASH might be the mix of sway and surge.
    Please check it.
  20. dureiken

dureiken Active Member

Balance:
    1,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 2 / -0
    Hi, it does'nt seem to come from mix but from scale , I tried with scale 1 in entry and scale 0,5

Attached Files: