1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Marco Annunziata ,

No, in the new LOGISTIC2, you set:

Parameter 1: The value we want to filter
    Parameter2: The minimum/maximum value (if you set 100 you get a range from -100 to 100)
    Parameter3: How much of the range is used for transition in % (0.0 to 1.0)

So if Parameter3 is 0.0, there's no smooth. It stops at the limit.
    If Parameter3 is 0.1, you are using 10% of the range for smooth.
    From 90 to 100 and -90 to -100 it smooths the reach to the limit (10% of 100).
    If Parameter3 is 1.0, you get an s curve. No linear section.

WARNING!
    LOGISTIC2 is going to show in Mover 3.6.0.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marco Annunziata

Marco Annunziata Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    632Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF

Perfect! I understood better now so the deceleration will be a curve, not a ramp.

Thank you, I'll wait for the 3.6.0 release
  3. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello!!

Great software, I can see that it can do a lot of things, but I don't know how it works on some dept.

I have about 250 questions, but I will start with the first one.

I want to control a harness tensioner It works with a belt, connected to a Thanos board.

I want to do this
    1) When breaking it should represent the g's of the car breaking (want to feel the car breaking or how much it breaks, it slides, it should get a bit loose)
    2) When cornering should represent the pressure in those cases (much lighter)
    3) No action on accel (If I set it up like surge it should get loose while accelerating)
    4) Should be able to adjust its position.. don't want to mess with the belt... just a "+" and a "-" key

Questions:
    1) How do I find the info that the game sends to validate is for example the longitudinal g's are what I'm looking for?
    2) How filters should be built? - Want to annulate the values under "0" or for acceleration (I don't want the harness to get loose), and put a max on the breaking (braking with a small car would be different with an F1, but I just want to put a limit so I can feel the breaking.
    3)Should the values be with the info that the software captures, should use value?
    4) Is there a way to define a key to adjust the harness (more or less tight... just set the "0" position

Could someone help me? Would like some advice on how to get this!!!

Thanks to all!!!
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

Well, you can do all.
    Althought I don't have a belt system, we talked about it here in the forum already.
    Mover started more as a motion system, and based on the motion of the rig (poses).
    But you can control directlly an actuator with the direct modules.
    So let's start by adding some modules:

-For example the ACC module as a source.
    -We can also add a joystick module to get the input from a joystick control to adjust the seatbelt
    -Add also a multi direct module
    -And the Thanos output

-For ACC, just add it. Check the box in the connect butto. It will enable auto connect when you start ACC.
    upload_2021-10-19_21-58-8.png

-In the joystick module, we want a button to increment/decrement a value.
    We can assign a control for any of the listed values.
    Select for example stall and flaps (we don't use them in cars).
    To see those values use the scroll bar on the left of the list (I know, not very intuitive).
    upload_2021-10-19_22-2-10.png
    Now, click on the field with the mouse and when it's yellow, press a button on the joystick.
    We are going to use Stall to decrease and flaps to increase.
    Also, check the auto connect in the button! Joystick sends data, only if he's connected like the other sources.

-Now add the multidirect.
    This is going to generate an actuator.
    Give it a name like SeatBelt
    Chage the bits to 16 (Thanos controller).
    upload_2021-10-19_22-13-15.png
    Select both sources on the right (ACC and joystick)
    Delete on the X the Speed value
    Go to the combo: value for the actuator and select Stall and click add.
    Do the same for Flaps
    Put the filters like above and the gain -10 and +10.
    You can test now and see that pressing the buttons on the joystick increments one value and decrements the other.
    It's not perfect, because when you restart Mover and open the file, the value goes back to zero.
    You can also use an analog joystick to adjust the value, and for that just Flaps would be enough.
    So you can adjust the actuator.
    Now lets get the longitudinal acceleration.
    Select it in the combo and add it.
    upload_2021-10-19_22-18-29.png
    Put a min crop filter to avoid negative values
    Now you have it working.
    But...

I set that bit 0 matches a value of zero in the sum of the filters and maximum bit value is 100 in the sum of the filters.
    Since acceleration is in m/s you have to think in the scale of it and adjust the gain in the Longitudinal acceleration or adjust the value on the range to bit range.
    This is the hardest part to explain.
    In my opinion, you should put the value range to bit range matching the actuator travel, and then adjust the gain to what you want to have in the seatbelt. You might want just 50mm.
    To make sure you don't go above that, you can filter the actuator with a crop.

-In the Thanos output, use the actuator "SeatBelt" on the pretended axis.

This might not be the best solution. But gives you an idea how it works and what can be done for now.

Sorry, it's a fast writing.
    Need to sleep. Spent all afternoon hitting the head with FS2020 and simconnect o_O

Oh, you can use more than one graphic to see the values.
    upload_2021-10-19_22-27-45.png
    Just check the box of the values you want to see.
    You can add more than one graphic.
    But the UI is slow, so don't push to much.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Thanks!!!!
    I have read a lot... but there are 128 pages so often you miss something....
    You leave me with a HUGE amount of work.. will try it as soon as I get home...
    BTW.. I will try it with AMS2 first... hope it is the same... hahaha
    Again... thanks a lot!!!!!!
  6. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    What’s the math function behind Logistic2 ?

It’s exactly what was needed. You have to compensate with some gain in order to fulfill the entire axis like the ver.1 but it works much better in combination with washout. Excellent addition!
  7. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello... I got 2 questions... both from a newbie...

1) Can I store someplace the Telemetry of the game? That way I could see the values and the info that would be captured from Flypt... and how values changes due to gear change, accel%, Brake % steering, clutch, etc.. Until now trying and testing is more like a blind try...

2) How can I assign a key from the keyboard or a key from my small keyboard (only the numbers) to a joystick button? I can only assign the wheel buttons, but I want to assign them from this keyboard... or the small keyboard keyboard

Thanks and sorry for the so basic question, but.. hope someone could help me :blush:blush:blush:blush :(:(
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

Ask anything :thumbs

Assigning a keyboard key is not possible for now.
    But I'm considering it for the future. Something I have in the list of requests.
    Holding it, because in Mover 4.0 it is already possible. But it's far from done...

In the sources, there's a red dot. If you press it, you can record the data received by the source, and play it later in the player source.
    upload_2021-10-20_17-17-59.png
    Seems there's some problems with the player.
    I will solve them for the next build, but I did not have time to look at it.
    Please try to see if it's working for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rolo F

Rolo F New Member

Balance:
    221Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Thanks!!!

I'm at work right now, so can make some tests but...

-I guess it could work with a button box? (coded with joytokey?)
    -Can I download the info to a .csv file? do I can graph it and analyze it?

o_O
  10. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    No, it's written in a format to make it light and fast to read/write.
    Unless I make a converter to csv... Might be a good idea. One more on the list.
  11. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    @Rolo F
    Ad2:
    You can easily assign a keyboard to joystick using AHK
    F6066765-E024-47B2-BCE4-1E0D2759AC08.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    3Joy5 is the number of your joystick on your system and the button - !C means AltC
  13. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hey guys.
    Tested 3.5.2 3.5.3
    FIY. I bought this card as i was running out of USB and X570/windows is utter shite when it comes to connectivity and hubs.

Its connected on a 7 port hub driving my 5 Ard. It can work 2 3 times, or sometimes more if you are connecting only a single output. Sadly when you connect/disconnect outputs will hang all the time and take forever to become available again so do not buy this card.

When i put it back on the mainboard i have no issues.

https://www.startech.com/en-us/cards-adapters/pexusb3s7
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  14. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi,

I'm new to FlyPT Mover, but it's genius! I love it's design, and almost unlimited flexibility. Kudos and many thanks to @pmvcda .

I'm using a YawVR and I've managed to get it working pretty well (happy to share my config if anyone else wants it).

It is taking me a little to understand it, and I still have quite a way to go with understanding more filters, but I've been learning a lot as i go, which makes me happy.

Also, this thing constantly amazes me. Almost every time I've opened it this week, I've wished for something, and then found it's already there and designed so beautifully.

This is massively underrated in my opinion.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi!
    I have a driving game that uses the SRS API that I am trying to get working in FlyPT Mover using the Custom UDP source, and it seems to be working pretty well except for Traction Loss.

upload_2021-10-27_9-37-53.png

I don't currently have Yaw Speed available, so I'm trying to work out how to get Traction Loss.
    I have Yaw Position, and Lateral Velocity (I've mapped as Lateral acceleration, which is not quite the same), and I'm pretty sure I want to get the difference between the two, because Yaw Position (black line) is where the car is actually "pointing" and Lateral Velocity (blue line) is basically where the car is "traveling", but I'm not sure how to get this happening in FlyPT Mover.
    [​IMG]
    Closest I have found is a Multi-Source Direct, but I haven't worked it out yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  16. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I think if you use the DIF(value) filter on yaw position, you would get the yaw speed. Us DIF(DIF(value)) for yaw acceleration. If the yaw position is actually the way the car is heading however, things get complicated. There would be a 360 degree rollover issue, and you would have to differentiate traction loss from just taking a curve. That would be something like lateral acceleration - yaw acceleration * unknown gain. But Mover V3 can't work with two values, so that would need two filters that counteract on the traction loss axis. You can get sway/lateral acceleration by DIF(value) on lateral speed. I don't have any suggestion on how to overcome the rollover issue though.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  17. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Avee and @chandy21 ,

I'm at work right now, but I will post something later.
    DIF (diferential) gives you speed from position, but with some noise you need to smooth.
    Please look at the filters and show me the last ones on the list.

I know it's stupid.. but I'm working on a new version and I don't know what I have on the last one I published...
    New one as some extra filters to handle -180/180º and filters thinking on traction loss.

What you speak of rotating yaw the amount of difference between real dislocation vector and car direction is something I still have not added. I will, due to requests.
    But if your rig can make sway and yaw, it will come naturally from the rig motion.
    If you have a 3dof with yaw, then I agree we need to add it.

My plan was to add an extra pose just for that, where you set the center of rotation for TL yaw.
    You can add over it another pose with other yaw from the motion if you want or put it at zero and send them to the rig.

But I will say something later.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thank-you @Avee, I did not know about DIF()

And also thanks @pmvcda
  19. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanks @pmvcda, that sounds like it will be really useful.

I have a 3DOF with Yaw, and I'm playing a Drifting game, so Traction Loss is very important :)

The end of my Filter list in 3.5.3 is:
    upload_2021-10-27_23-47-58.png

Thanks in advance!
  20. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    OK, then you have there some of the new filters.
    Rdelta for example, gives you the andle between the two last received yaw positions (if you use yaw position)
    But, like @Avee says, we can't use two values on the filters, but that is being solved in Mover 4.0
    So that's why we have to use a dedicated pose I need to do... And you as a drifter, are going to be the tester :).