1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial F16 Force sensing stick Ardunio sketch with axis rotation adjust . FSSB r3 WH fix and DIY ideas

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Trigen, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello

My FSSB R3 broke so i decided to fix it using some strain gauge amps. Given that the HW is quite simple there shouldnt be an issue for people to DIY this relatively easy. You could probably get away with 3d printing the plate but the connection rod that goes to the stick would need to be able to take a fair bit of force which was always my main problem as it breaks on the threads. You could possible do it so you have inside (lineup issues) threads instead of outside to add enough strength and of course print it so that the plastic aligns with the direction of force.

4 amp version to combine strain gauges into one and get double resolution and gain range. You need to set all amps to 0 so you get the full range. Then in the code it will reverse one as one will compress and the other expand so they cancel each other out in this configuration. If you place one on top and one on the bottom you dont need to reverse. After its combined into one axis.

Basic. 2 amp/pot version. Should be working properly but report any bugs.

It will rotate both axes to emulate the HW setup in the f16 stick.

1650271295_FSSBr3.jpg.19745a3f90da0da48ece963d330a5f1e.jpg F-16_F6- stick rotation.jpg

Attached Files: