1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Different STL files for printing parts for 100 x 100 ?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Randy, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Randy

Randy Member

Re-tired
    Balance:
    449Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Are their other STL files for printing the slider and end plats for the 100 x 100 sold by e Racing Lab ?
    Just got 4 from them and need to know because I printed from the SFX-100 files and it is a big no fit .

Randy
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF

Link? What are you talking about? I thought eracing-lab provided everything, no 3D printing required...
  3. Randy

Randy Member

Re-tired
    Balance:
    449Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    For me no. I just got some 100x100x300 from them. Only place that had any. The Germans would not sell said their would not be any for 60 days.
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Create your own, that is what I did
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Randy

Randy Member

Re-tired
    Balance:
    449Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Got one from Alex. We will see.
  6. Randy

Randy Member

Re-tired
    Balance:
    449Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Its crap .
    Will try to do it my self ?
  7. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    It sounds like you are talking about end caps for aluminum strut? It doesn’t really matter, though. Aside from cost, and there are some fairly low cost 3D printers and kits available, it’s really easy to draw up and print your own parts - whatever they are. It sounds like you might have a printer but can’t say for certain. You just need to be mindful of stresses since 3D printed parts are still just plastic, but especially for stuff like end caps, those are easy.

Also, you need to provide more details - especially in what you are asking. It’s not really clear what kind of help you need so the most people can do is make educated guesses.
    • Agree Agree x 1