1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My finished 2DOF project (VideoTutorial)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by scruck, Jun 1, 2021.

1. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Nice, but i think you need to have more than "some knowledge" to be able to do that :) I thought it would have a small "potenciometer" like other power supplies and you'd only need a small screwdriver...
  2. Jeroen

Jeroen Member

Balance:
    - 33Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Very nice project and tutorial... That u joint you are using, can you tell where you got that?
  3. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    865Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BloxofCode

BloxofCode New Member

Balance:
    84Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, SCN6, Arduino
    Hello i inspire also on the project, can i ask where you purchase the metal parts? or is it a custom made?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sulfail

sulfail Member

AISLAMIENTOS Y PLADUR.
    Balance:
    199Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I like those motors, especially because of the axle that they bring, very easy to place some connecting rods and that they never move, the problem with the wiper motors is the axle, sometimes it is difficult, in general it is a very easy assembly, very Well explained, I like it a lot, I use windshield wipers and the hardest thing is the connecting rod issue.

I honestly use ibt2 plates without diodes, and they have been without problems for years, I even burned a motor from heating up due to intense use and absolutely nothing happened to them, they are the best quality-price plates, that if I use a switch for each motor, airplane type, no mushrooms, the system is quite safe, very good software

This project of all those that I have seen in the forum, I think it is the easiest to carry out with a spectacular finish, very easy, all very well explained, the issue of the potentiometers with the straps saves you space on the sides, really , I think it is the best in terms of ease of assembly, and not expensive at all with the trim level, one pass, great.
    I
    Even if you want to do it in wood, you just have to buy those pieces of aluminum profiles and anchor them to the wood, or another type of structure, great the idea is great for those motors.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2021
  6. BloxofCode

BloxofCode New Member

Balance:
    84Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, SCN6, Arduino
    Hello what is the model of your timing belt you use to attached the motor and 5v hall sensor?
  7. BrunoCoto

BrunoCoto New Member

Balance:
    - 58Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021
  8. paco

paco New Member

Balance:
    - 106Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello, very good, thanks to your video I have started my project, I will try to do everything by hand, and I have electronic components from other projects, for example I have two motors at 24 v 200w 60 rpm, with the integrated sensor, and I have to test whether Will they work with the arduino smc or will I have to vary sensor voltages since the arduino runs at 5v, and the sensor I think at 12v.

I give you my congratulations, I love your 2 dof, if I do not get my own, I will copy yours a greeting
  9. lcriscola

lcriscola New Member

Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice and very detailed post. Do you know if those motors you ordered are self locking motors? I was wondering if the weight I will put on the lever will make the motor move when I dobt want it
  10. Carlos A A Bruschi

Carlos A A Bruschi Bruschi

Balance:
    155Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino
  11. BrunoCoto

BrunoCoto New Member

Balance:
    - 58Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you very much Andrés, thanks to your excellent tutorial and your support I have already finished my movement simulator. Here are some photos of the final work:

F1.jpg F2.jpg F3.jpg F4.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. herve069

herve069 Simracer

workshop instructor
    Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Great work and nice tuto!
    @BrunoCoto what's the power of your motors?
  13. SaintFrank

SaintFrank Member

Proces operator
    Balance:
    136Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi , I'm also in the process of getting parts for a 2dof like yours ,
    Thinking of using the 250W 24V wheelchair motors.
    will a Powersupply of 500W , 24V , 21A be enough to power the 2 motors ?
    I see you have 1 PSU per motor, what do you think is the minimal specifications of a PSU per motor?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  14. Quang Thuy

Quang Thuy New Member

Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. I'm trying to do it your way. Hope to be successful.
  15. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Member

Balance:
    - 26Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Nice clean build. I really like the motors - possibly a better choice than wiper motors still at a reasonable price
  16. Quang Thuy

Quang Thuy New Member

Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I'm using an old power supply as a control box, adding 1 fan. Do I need thermal paste for the controller chip? There are a few cases of burning, I am very worried.

Attached Files:

17. scruck

scruck Member

Balance:
    362Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Gears and belts are MXL, belts are 200mm overall length, 20T and 40T gears, 40T gears have 17mm inner clearance perfect for my motors shaft
  18. scruck

scruck Member

Balance:
    362Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    better 2 sources, since having one you will force the source and apart from the fact that the fan will bother you, you will get more temperature
  19. scruck

scruck Member

Balance:
    362Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I do not use paste or fans, so yes, lower the voltage of my sources to 18.5V to avoid overheating
  20. Michail

Michail Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    653Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hello from Germany, I would like to ask about the Alu arms for the motor. I am a bit confused, in the DWG file is showing 10mm Alu and for the small part 5mm.

In the video and the picture below it seams to be 2x 5mm for the arm and 5mm to fixed with the screws. Do you use 5mm for the whole project and put 2x5mm instead of 1x 10mm width?

20210515-183751.jpg

Is this correct that we need 5mm only to fixed the arm, and 10mm width for the arm it self? So for 1 motor 1 handle (10mm) and 1 fixing part 5mm?

I would like to purchase by the local dealer and we are confused. I also want to ask, if 5mm steal is enough for the arm.

Thanks.