1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY MOSFET H-Bridge Driver

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Sieben, Apr 5, 2019.

1. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @Sieben have built 2 demo units to test out FFB Leonardo version and the other STM both controllers seem to be working. so one rig will be direct drive the other will be reduction drive , You guys seem to use the wheelcheck step test , but cant get my head around interpreting the chart results , like the ones you often post ... can you point me to where I can learn how to create that charts and each test operation for wheelcheck utility ? would like to use this tool for build performance of my two test wheel setups . Cheers
  2. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Nice.

If use open office, just open "blabla smth as calculator" option with rmb. And use commons as separator. Under the video is chart itself must be too.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Cheers @Sieben really appreciate the rapid response , will now go watch this and hope some of it sinks in :) Cheers
  4. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Checked the torque amount the wheel produce. I recalculated it before according to the lever it was measured, right on the sprocket, and that was 7 nm. Then checked with 1m lever and all the same results) A bit more then 0.7kg gives - 7Nm of force)

And changed the wires in relay. Now it is a high amp one)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    [​IMG]

Some changes with flyback's connections. That should be a right thing. )
  7. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    By having directly cut out the relay from the driver, and having an idea of replacing it with a first bridge circuit there, instead of the relay, a quite reasonable question arose, why not actually give a chance to one BTS7960, together with the idle diodes and capacitors in a team. )

Driver with relay.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As a short summary, experience in using relays. To be honest, I don’t know what kind of assessment to give, because replacing the BTS and unscrewing the FFB 100% Gain, Constant and a feature in the form of Scale up to x2.5 times Constant in EMC09, I got almost the same steering wheel vibration in the center, as with the relay, but at much lower FFB values when there was a relay. For BTS, I left everything in a hundred and reduced Scale x1.5 Constant. If x2.5, the BTS chips get heat up more, so it is set in more “cautious” modes so far (Scale x1.5 Constant.)Again, can repeat that with the "relay driver" it pumped much more strongly at much lower values of force. The switching moment, by changing the direction of rotation, is also not noticeable, with a relay, as it may seem. The same thing in the center. But in short, if it were not for the "oscillations" in the center, as a result of a forced decrease in the strength of ffb, to eliminate it, an absolutely adequate and powerful playable driver would be obtained. If this is of course it's problem at all, i.e. see paragraph above. One can of course connect it to the bridge circuit, from the beginning of the experiments, and see what happens. ) Maybe even the first version of the diy driver will go, but with the correct binding for diodes, and condencers. It may even be possible to score on the need for deadtime s for the bridge.

BTS7960. As it was announced earlier,https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...ing-dc-motor-based-on-mmos.13019/#post-174094
    the chip numbers in this bts are sort of from the correct series. (617)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The linearity of the base with a wheel of 1.4 kg
    [​IMG]

This curve, it seems even due to the fact that it is not MMOS that is used, but EMC. Arduino, and not an STM32. Presumably. Since, in the comparative test, one run was enough, and you get an even linearity curve, in MMOS, with EMC apparently has its own small issues, in this regard. But let me remind you that it was even too, when experimenting with the diy driver of the first version and with EMC09)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTS7960

Some sort of countersteering etc

And with relay.)
  8. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    BTS 7960
  9. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    CAP FLYBACK BTS.jpg The power arrangement with caps and flyback for bts7960 used. The caps nominals and quantity is for example. Should be picked in accordance of the total amount of the ripple curent specs.
  10. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Hi there!)

Some connections clear up with the power section to the schematic above) I can say that, the freewheeling diodes are an option, with BTS7960 usage. But also can be used for good with it. And, it is quite an obligatory to use this schematics, with complete diy controllers for powerfull motors.

11. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    [​IMG]
    The linearity with no scale for constant in emc. Gain, Constant 100%, 1.5% min force in wheelcheck.
    Heavy wheel.

And some add-ons with freewheeling diodes lay out connections if take it in a line arrangement.

ScreenShot02232.jpg.96037711e7169546d49252061014cf43.jpg ScreenShot02233.jpg.3f9a64ae7d22714c0a21864e90f7d4fb.jpg ScreenShot02234.jpg.8b2a9645ea751cbcbd6b6575c1220a45.jpg ScreenShot02235.jpg.25d1c63a047d16616e7978c78951baec (1).jpg ScreenShot02235.jpg.25d1c63a047d16616e7978c78951baec.jpg
  12. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Made such layout with one in the PWM side IRFP460A for now (500V20A Mosfet) and throw away the flybacks and TVS supressors. I'll remind that there emerged the oscillations after some levels of gain amount etc with'em. With this, they dissapear. Thus the full power in gain, constant and scale can be made. (EMC 0.9)
    The PSU is 12v12.5a.

On the tests.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full gain, constant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Made up the H-Bridge with IRF3205 and Ir2101 gate drivers.

Based on this.
    http://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2013/01/using-high-low-side-driver-ir2110-with.html
    ScreenShot04237.jpg

With such revision with IR2101
    https://blog.avislab.com/ir2101/
    IR2101.png

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now to Relay driver.
    Made some minor changes to the schematics of the diy gate driver component nominals with wires layout may be too, and found out that the mechanical relay driver is completely and fully correspondsto the needs of the motor driver for FFB. There is no lags or any of the kind due to the relay itself. No oscillations and so on. Can be used with no problem may be except for the relay sound a bit. )

40% FFb with no extra min force etc. The mosfet is cool but the motor can be boiled with full settings) So works great really.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Compared to BTS with all the same force but with 2% of min force for BTS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For low voltage mosfets with flaybacks, and high voltage mosfets with no flyback diodes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  14. Hoantv

Hoantv Active Member

Balance:
    981Coins
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino
    Want to see how final design work.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi sir, it is posible to use on 2DOF sir??
    I realy apriciate your project make i big version of bts7960.
  16. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Why not i guess.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I will try sir, i used emc too.
  18. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Haisir, what is fungtion of diodo before to the motor sir??
  19. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,216Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -0
    Eliminate high voltage spikes that destroy low voltage mosfets, mosfet bridges.
  20. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    does it have to be filled so that the bts7960 lasts?? and what type of diode is good, if input 22v 13A sir?