1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Hall effect potentiometer diy

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by MarcoMade, Mar 14, 2019.

1. MarcoMade

MarcoMade Active Member

Tecnico pc hardware/software MadeFix
    Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hi David thank you for the compliments,

you probably inserted a magnet upside down. spin a magnet and try again ..
  2. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    is it better to use type A1302 or type 49E, sir??
    I will try, but now i have buyed hall sensor type 49E sir.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  3. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
  4. MarcoMade

MarcoMade Active Member

Tecnico pc hardware/software MadeFix
    Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hello sorry if I'm late, but work takes me away all the time.

the type 49 if it has the same characteristics can be fine, you have to live.
    I have not tried
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OzzyO

OzzyO New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    there s anybody that uses the sensor (hall efect) from the hack of G29 pedals? i want to try, but i dont know the max run that i can have (magnet to magnet). Thanks!
  6. George Amemiya

George Amemiya New Member

Balance:
    294Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    A year and a half after the question ..... I guess you can use them, any one linear hall effect sensor would only be usable in 180 degrees of rotation, at least those are my results, in a top view, everytime the magnets are east or west of the sensor the output values are the same, making them no usable for 360 degrees applications, but its an increasing value from S to N and decreasing value from N to S (depending on the type of sensor) but it's generally the case, making them good for 180 degrees apps.
    The good thing is that the motor gearbox's shaft will only rotate 180 degrees, to the highest and lowest point, so the hall sensor mod is good to go !!! But as @MarcoMade said, you'll have to calibrate.
  7. Daniel "Wolf"

Daniel "Wolf" From the South of Argentina

Informatics Hardware
    Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello Marco, where I live I cannot find the Hall 1301A, however there are some Hall 49E (OH49E or SS49E) that provide a theoretical output of 1 to 4 Volts and are powered with 5 Volts. Could you tell me if you know that this one can replace the one you have installed? Thanks in advance

upload_2023-11-10_22-24-18.png
  8. George Amemiya

George Amemiya New Member

Balance:
    294Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm not Marco, but if helps .... I've tried using those 49E, not specifically for this project but similar one, same deal trying to replace a pot to read between 0 to 5V, but it didn't go to well, then I tried the SS495A, goes from 0.5 to 4.5V, and I'm having some very decent responses. Hope it helps ...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Daniel "Wolf"

Daniel "Wolf" From the South of Argentina

Informatics Hardware
    Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform

I appreciate your comment. Unfortunately I can't find another one and the others are out of my budget (in my country the economic situation is very complicated, and even more so if you order from Ali Express i.e.). From what I read, you can raise the voltage a little to have a wider output. I have nothing else to try. Originals Hall effect potentiometers are extremely expensive for me, and I need at least 3 units. . If I can make it work better than it worked for you, I will upload the data to share. One point that I did not mention and perhaps is relevant, is the power of the magnets. The sensitivity (typical) of the 1301A is 2.5 mV/G and that of the 49E is 1.6 mV/G. Maybe you can try again with other magnets or closer in case the result changes. Thank you very much for your time. Greetings!