1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Moto Wheelchair GP 18

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Jrank1, May 12, 2021.

1. Jrank1

Jrank1 New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi Guys,

I have been pondering the idea of a motorbike motion platform (notice i didn't say simulator).

I know this has been discussed before and I have found some interesting info in relation to it all.

Trying to stay away from the ManxTT game from the 90's and having to keep your feet on the ground, I feel like it would have to be the motors doing the work instead of the riders weight.

- Simple 2DOF design with COG pivot point
    - Utilise old Motorcycle frame
    - Set up keeping in mind for use with Oculus (this way I can reduce the need to tilt the bike over too far in corners as all movements when wearing VR are exaggerated)
    - Utilising a Go Pro chest mount harness with gyro sensor(s) to capture body movement which in turn will assist the motors in tilting the bike.
    - Programming steering to work the same as in real life. turn left to go right etc. This paired with the gyro sensors will tell the in game bike (and hence motors) to turn tighter based on body position and steering input.

Please don't shoot me down for this, I have read other posts about this and yes I understand it may be a challenge to make something of a simulator but to create something that will be a bit of fun to ride and look cool next to my current rig would be pretty neat.

Below initial design;

(will insert pic here)

And here's a quick video of me having a play with MotoGP 18 to test the motion

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Nice project! Please, tell us if you find a way to use Simtools and Simhub at the same time for this game; Motogp 18 . I would love to have fans for the speed to help the inmersion