1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

my scn5 is broken

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Nima, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i have use and testet with my new sim and i have a hard profil.by a hard crash on oval track in the play the scn5 is broken(is wars a very realistic feeling on crash).i have open the scn5,you can see the picture.this is only pasted.i must look for the right glue and than i pasted it new.my new design is to
    hard for the scn5 i must have scn6 in the next time.

Attached Files:

2. michael haertsch

michael haertsch Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 206Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Das hatte ich auch einmal.
    Stiftbruch bei der verbindung zwischen Electromotor und Antriebsgewindestange.
    Habe dann eine Schraube reingdreht und Kopfabgesägt.
    Irgenwann war aber dann was anderes Defekt.
    Zu denn SCN6, gehen diese Actuatoren?
    Grösser und Krasser sind sie ja.
  3. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hallo,
    bei mir ist die stange von der linearführung gerutscht.die scn6 gehen sind aber in der teoretischen endgeschwindigkeit nur halb so schnell.
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hi Nima,

Sorry to hear about your actuator. Can you show us which actuator on your drawing and tell us what angles were used, etc..

I see that you are aware of the 200mm/sec maximum speed of the SCN6. Will this be fast enough for your purpose? I am guessing that the reason why it felt so realistic just before the damage occured is because you were achieving speeds between 300mm/sec-400mm/sec.

I've been investigating the SCN6 for some other purposes here. The website is nearly ready to present them for sale.
  5. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi bernard,
    on my new sim i have the dobbel speed and the dobbel way.i mast make my profils lower.if i have a hard crash in the play is it a very hard feeling.if the scn5 brake it is to many weight.i have repair the scn5 in 1 houer and than i test again with a littel lower profil.but i love the feeling.
  6. michael haertsch

michael haertsch Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 206Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ich habe mir meinen Simulator heute angeschaut;
    Mir viel auf, dass es effektiver ist, die Actuatoren wären unter dem Sitz und nicht auf Schulteranhöhe.
    Am Sitz Gestänge müsste man dann noch eine Plattform für Gaspedal,Bildschirm und Wheel dranhängen.
    Die Gesammte Konstruktion hätte nur eine Auflage und die wäre in der mitte des Sitzes.
    Über diese Auflage würde es dann in alle Richtungen gekippt.
    Wie es ja eigentlich jetzt schon so ist, nur mit dem
    Unterschied, dass durch die auf Schulterhöhe befindenden Actutoren der Weg kurz ist.
    Wären sie unter dem Sitz würde es stärker Seitlich hin und her rütteln.
    Weil je weiter man vom Drehpunkt entfernt ist desto grösser der Weg.
    Die Actuatoren wären dann näher am Drehpunkt.
    Gerade die Füsse oder der Bildschirm würde sich am Stärksten bewegen.
    Dazu wären aber die SCN5 eindeutig zu schwach, da bräuchte man vielleicht SCN6.
    Nima hast Du die Actuatoren näher am Drehpunkt?
    Auf deinem Avatar Bild scheint man es zu sehen, dass würde den Bruch erklären.
    Aber wenn man einmal so Geile Effekte spürte, will man es wieder so haben.
  7. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Sorry to hear your scn5 broke Niels.
    If i understand correctly your drive-shaft broke? so not your little pin that connects the motor to the drive-rod? (like with mine) I am also considering scn6 in the future, as my scn5's broke several times. more info on the scn6 would be interesting. So it is more ridged, but slower?

Good luck with your repairs!

Regards,

Rob
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    = double inertia
  9. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i have repair the scn5 and have test 2 houers on full speed.
    rob:is right the drive-shaft is broken not the pin.
    michael:auf meinem avatar bild ist mein alter sim der über 1000 stunden wunderbar
    lief da habe ich denselbe winkel mit den 100mm geschaft wie jetzt mit den 150mm.wenn du mehr links rechts haben willst dann müssen die motoren oben dichter zusammen ich fahre mit 18 cm abstand.must mal meinen neuen trade nimasix ansehen habe jetzt 4 achsen und bald 6 achsen.
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Alright, the SCN6 is now an option on my site. However, I must say that if your simulator design is setup correctly, you can safely achieve between 250mm and 400mm second with the more cost effective SCN5. The SCN6 020 series is only capable of 200mm a second maximum. IMHO, a properly implemented SCN5 will feel more realistic than an SCN6 and for quite bit less money.

Also, I noticed when reviewing the photos that all of our seats vary dramatically, which undoubtedly alters the center of gravits. Ralph, in your case, the large countour shown in the back of your seat will change your center of gravity by several inches. My dimensions may not be well suited to that seat. If you notice in my pics, the seat back is very straight.

Please use caution and complete the suggested test procedure. If Niels would have used the test procedure which uses a percent limiter and slowly increases the percentage, he would have discovered the design problem BEFORE he broke an actuator.
  11. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi bernard,
    is not a design problem.is a profil problem.now i have work any time with profiling
    and now is works fine.i can make a so hard feeling with my new sim but this is to mutch for the front scn5.the feeling on my new sim is many better as on the old sim.is wars many severe to make a right profil.
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hi Nima. I had the same situation with my first simulator. It required special profiles in order to prevent actuator damage. Thats when I started down the path of examining actuator angles and created the wooden test platform. For me, it is necessary to have a design that can accomodate any profile without actuator damage.

What did you have to change in the profile to get this working.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your project.
  13. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i have to many way left and right.i must have all left right values on the half.
    now have a limiter in the profil and behind this i make the other effects.its a many work i must make it for 4 axis and all is new.the problem is feeling without the limiter
    is so nice and realistic but is too hard for the scn5.i must make dobble scn5 on one place.i have work any houers on profil.now i have very very nice brake.in the beginn this wars not so nice.i have install many rubberbands and have pimp anythinks and now hi drives very very nice.hi wars better and better.in 2 weeks i have the most perfect. and than i must beginn with the new ibeam shaker and the 5.and 6.axis.the feeling is better than i have hope befor building.
  14. sn4il

sn4il New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If I remember corectly, there was a nice video tutorial done by You on this.
    Could You post a link here pls?
    Thnx
    sn4il
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Hi sn4il,

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Testing_ ... _Actuators I made this video over a year ago I believe, so it is likely that the profile sample will need to be updated to the latest version. I'm very busy for the next couple of days, but I will get around to updating it. I may just make a new video altogether. I think I could do a better job explaining the procedure.

For those who need to test before I am able to update the profile, the basic idea is simple:

1.) Load the test sliders
    2.) Make a profiles min/max values match the test sliders for longitudal and lateral forces
    3.) Place a percent scaler at the last line of each profile
    4.) Set the percent scaler to 50%
    5.) Test
    6.) Increase Percent scaler to 60%
    7.) Test

Continue increasing the percent scaler in small increments while listening for actuator stress. You WILL be able to tell when the actuators are beginning to be stressed BEFORE an actuator is damaged.

:cheers:
  16. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you succeeded in mesure the real speed of the SCN5?