1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Recommendations on a 3d Printer ?

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by Gadget999, Dec 16, 2018.

1. diggumwood

diggumwood New Member

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have a Tevo Tarantula pro on it:s way which you might want to consider for the price. I think their bad reputation from days gone by has made it a bargain. Anyway I will find out as soon as it clears customs!
  2. Damien602

Damien602 Member

Balance:
    247Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I bought an anet a8. it needs to be assembled but that is half the fun. With the a8 make sure you buy the mosfet bed drivers for the bed and filament heaters. Havent tried printed petg yet, but ABS and PLC work fine.
  3. chenlingzhou

chenlingzhou New Member

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    3D systems, founded in 1986, is an old brand of 3D printers
  4. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,026Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I have the Ender 3 Pro with a glass plate, control via Octoprint on an Arduino and with an auto bed leveling probe. Like that, it works well for me. Bare in mind that the Ender 3 is a very basic printer (but accurate), if you want comfort, consider above addons, so be prepared to spend another 150 EUR/USD.

I have also exchanged all blowers and used some custom printed mufflers for the blowers, got a cicuit board with stepper drivers, and it is half as loud right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. lysa elec

lysa elec LYSA ELEC

Balance:
    - 68Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    tne ultimaker 2 is a good print 3G but more heavy
  6. lysa elec

lysa elec LYSA ELEC

Balance:
    - 68Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    i think that is a utimaker 2 ou 3 is very good
  7. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,609Coins
    Ratings:
    +361 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    We have 3 Ultimaker in our company and allways thougt this is high end - because they are expensive.
    Since half a year I own a Prusa prusa i3 mk3s and I can tell you its the way way better choice!.
    I can recommend this printer 100%
    Wickie
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I ended up buying an Ender 3 max - good value for money and a very active community

You can do prints up to 300 x 300 x 340
  9. Pascal Thanheiser

Pascal Thanheiser New Member

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    You should check out the Sunlu S8. It works fine out of the box. Using Cura with almost different Brands of pla. Its not expensive. Great for large prints. If you want to print small parts with fine details take a Look at These resin Printers.
  10. Witvrt

Witvrt Member

Balance:
    127Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi guys,
    For the moment I am using a Anet A6 3d printer, which is working very well. But I would like to have an upgrade. Any recommandations? I just have way to many options to choose from. So a all tips are welcome :thumbs.
  11. czgui

czgui Member

Balance:
    - 110Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    My printer: Anicubic i3Mega S, I made some modifications myself, and it works well now.