1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Acebk

Acebk New Member

Balance:
    - 31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have a 3 actuators SFX150 setup, 2 in front and 1 in the back. I’ve been trying to dial in my motion for racing. I want good movement but when I do that it gets jerky. When I add low pass filters to smooth it out then I feel like I loose a lot of detail and movement. Any suggestions on filter settings for pitch, roll and heave? Would adding spike filters help with the jerks?
  2. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    3.4.1 3.4.2 Maybe further back.

Spike edynlp ldynlp does not work when used in pose filtering on 3dof with linear. Works as intended when used directly in pose.

Rollover on roll in Pose:: From motion still dont work. Has not worked for 5+ versions. It will just go over to the other side. Pitch rollover works as intended.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  3. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi Guys Quikie Question regarding Motor RPM simulation , im using mover for this but worried about the beating the actuators take before mover gets to Set Smoothing range , i have butt transducers and amplifier ( to be connected ) would it be better to use the New Mover transducer Module for this ooperation and spare the workload on the Actuator for other stuff .. the RPM Pose module is fairly easy to use But i could do with an little expalantion as to What some of the paramter relate to in lay mans terms as i hate chnaging stuff without at least knowing beforehand the impact , so example "Rotational vibration in degs " and " Transitional vibration in mm " What impact does No of cyclinders have on vibration feeling ? what doe Vibration % relate to ... ok hands up i make hard work of stuff but with your help i'll get there .. Cheers Guys
  4. Acmed

Acmed New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    70Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello to everybody , i wanted to be greatful with @PeterW @SilentChill @Will974 my project about 6dof is rising up all your tutorials and advices were useful !
    So i succeed to launch the Odrivegui beta 3 and this is my settings :

upload_2021-3-30_0-18-8.png

I hope im right , i followed the instructions from the tutorial of @SilentChill and i wanted to connect one engine to a game by flypt software (very usefull) and the website to connect and search game sources is very useful also ! so thank you very much !

upload_2021-3-30_0-20-17.png

i don't know why i can't see the connection with the engine by the odrive ...
    I can see the two ports COM and i did all the settings but i don't see any connection between them .. so may i forgot something ... in the odrive gui config or in the flypt but something is missing ! lol

Thank you again for your help !

Attached Files:

5. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks for your reply. I started working on a slightly different and even better solution. I will measure the pose of the rig with potentiometers (easy for a 2dof), and then feed the pose directly to OVRMC, for which I now have to write a plugin. My hardware for this is ready, still struggling with the plugin a bit. It will also lay the groundwork for any other method of arduino based pose measuring.

Another question: With airplanes, on the ground, physics are different than in the air. Now specifically on the ground, I would like to "prime" sway and surge from joystick input (rudder and brakes), because the effects from the simulator lag too much. So my thinking was to already start a small effect from the joystick before the sway input from the sim takes over (high pass filter). However, in the air, I would rather want roll and pitch effects to be primed by the joystick.

Would it be possible to add "air/ground" sources to the joystick input as well? It would take "air/ground mode" from any other active input.
  6. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I think if you don't want to wear your actuators with all the vibration effects, you would not use the RPM pose. The effects are pretty much as they state. You can set a vibration that rotates or one that moves side to side (transitional). I guess the number of cylinders relates to the pattern of vibrations in relationship to the rpm. An 8 cylinder runs with less vibration than a 4 cylinder, a v6 feels different from a straight 6.

If you want your transducers to handle all your vibration then you need to add transducers and you wouldn't use the pose from rpm. The transducers have presets for engine rumble. What I did was also add a rumble from engine torque, which makes the feeling stronger and rougher when the engine is working hard. Don't know if racing sims commonly report this metric though.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I use bass shakers for RPM, etc. They work great, you can fine tune them to exactly what you want to feel and save your actuators for moving you around. I do this with my 6DoF (rotational).
  8. greatg67

greatg67 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    509Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Historiker can you share your setup? What receiver are you using to drive the transducers?
  9. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thank for the tips and info Guys, very much appreciated ..:)
  11. wannabeaflyer2

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Guys , well Transducers and Amp Fitted and running using Mover Transducer Module , Quick question , OK Up Front info im effectively Deaf without my Cochlear implant attached LOL so i very much rely on external feedback cues during my sim sessions ,

Funny enough yesterday on one of therare occasion i have my hearing switched :)on im sure i could hear what sounded like speach through the transducers when i held them close to my Ear for test.. does this mean i have not set the Mover parameters correctly ( im using the RPM Preset) ...

Excuse my ignorance but is this normal , i assumed Mover was using RPM data direct from the Sim ( FS2020) so did not think speach would be part of that frequency map ( i guess, i know speach frequency is hard to seperate so once again did i miss something )

My Set up has the 300w mini amplifier being fed from onboard sound card via ( Green) 3.5mm stereo Jackplug to Amp via 2 RCA plugs ( left/Right Channels) and Powered by 12V 1amp PSU adapter ( only for initial testing ) driving 2 x 4Ohm bass shaketr units .. Cheers Guys ( be patient with me :) mechanics im fine anything else (whoosh over top of my head time )
  12. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Just wanted to say thanks for the Thanos AMC output in 3.4.2, works like a charm. I only have surge, sway and traction loss set up so far, waiting on parts for the four SFX100 actuators but the three DoF that I do have working are excellent!

hug:
  13. wingert

wingert Active Member

Balance:
    642Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    do you use Rfactor2 and get suspension values with the 3.x.x. from Sim ?
  14. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Thanos string output is still wrong in 3.4.2 at least for 6dof
  15. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I use 3DoF +TL+Surge+Sway. Seven motors overall. Seems to work very well so far.
  16. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes the right order axis is 3 4 5 6 1 2 . the problem is when you setup a rotating hexpod ths wrong string is always chosen ! I can't change the output string when selecting the rig into thanos output setup !
    I can change the output string but only with the rig selected ''none'' !
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. wyh0607b

wyh0607b New Member

Balance:
    173Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hello, how are you? Have you managed to solved this problem?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
  18. C1500

C1500 Active Member

Balance:
    1,117Coins
    Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
  19. Arlouze

Arlouze New Member

Balance:
    63Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Joyrider, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hello guys, I'm new here and tbh I'm kinda lost in Simtools and stuff.
    I just want to control a 6DOF platform with a joystick. I mean, no games or something, just control a 6DOF platform. Do you guys have any idea of how to do so please ?

Thanks per advance for your help
  20. hooshang

hooshang Active Member

Balance:
    289Coins
    Ratings:
    +157 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    this:https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/joystick-plugin.6160/ may help:thumbs
    • Agree Agree x 1