1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

3dof with 4 actuator, PLC based servo controller

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by SoftKitty, Mar 6, 2021.

1. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    - 148Coins
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Last year I finished my first 2dof build, which used 12v DC reduction motor and SMC3 code.
    That was a fun experience and I made a lot of friends by sharing that project.
    Right after that I turned my next targe to servo actuators, for better smoothness and response.

So I spent several monthes to prepare the new build, here is the final result:
    VID_20210211_013532[00_07_23][20210305-190430].png

It looks not so different from a SFX100 rig, but there are 2 new features I want to share:
    ONE is my modified actuator,
    TWO is the controller, I developed it originally from a PLC(details are in this tread).

Indeed I took reference to the SFX100 plan, but the 3D printed parts would take too much time so I decided to make some changes.
    By using laser cut metal plates and thread stud, the actuator became easy to build and robust.
    IMG_20210301_000013.jpg
    One more thing different is I used 90ST motor instead of 80ST, the reason is because in my country there are tons of used 90ST on sell in the market, one servo set(with its driver) is only 30 dollar.

I chosed Dorna 750W 90st servo with 2.4Nm and 3000rpm rated speed.
    IMG_20201206_165810.jpg

adding the rest parts, each actuator only cost me about 100 dollar.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    - 148Coins
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    For better understanding here is a video of my actuator build:)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. xurongyi

xurongyi New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cohtroller
    do you use the microcontroller