1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SFX Thanos SRS

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Leihschirm46, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Leihschirm46

Leihschirm46 New Member

IT
    Balance:
    71Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 4DOF
    Hey guys ,

so this is my motion rig for now , but i think about to upgrade this.

not sure if i really try 6dof ( like silentchill or Bastiuscha ) looks like i need more space ( my girlfriend would kill me hahaha)

you see here its done , i use the SFX since dec 2019 , really nice , but i miss something so i decided to buy Thanos bord and the SRS softwar . what sould i say :-o ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssss

after this i thought mhhh i need a belt tensior , but after he hurts me one time really bad , i switch to the idea to built surge , order some parts and build it.

much safer but mhh i am not happy like i should . i dont feel it after 10 min. sooo my new plan :
    built now Traction lost test this , or build a 6 DOF ..

i am opfen for hints. :)

sry for the pictures , but there you can see the progress and different

regards

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    Curious what happened with this. Are you saying the belt tensioner you tried hurt you? Details?
  3. Leihschirm46

Leihschirm46 New Member

IT
    Balance:
    71Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 4DOF
    YES , and it hurts really bad.. i was fast enough to open it . if not he would make me more than blue body parts.. since than i dont trust the belt anymore :-(

can be that i use a wrong setting but it work 3 month perfect, one day not.
  4. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hi, great project!

I see from the photos you "upgraded" the ghostflag belt tensioner a bit... have you used larger motor?

Cause even after double the rated torque of the 90ST-M02430, its still not going to tight that much hard... my advice, keep a kill button for the active belt tensioner in hands reach (to cut the S-on signal)
  5. Leihschirm46

Leihschirm46 New Member

IT
    Balance:
    71Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 4DOF
    hey thanos ,

yes i use 5x 90ST-M02430 , dont know what happen there, but since than i dont trust the belt anymore.
    so for now i used the extra motor for surge , but soon i will change to Traction lost . for tests :)