1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

GamingRoom finished and Sim updated!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Raredog, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    I have been working on my seatmover and PC:

Upgraded to a used 10700K/2080S that I found reasonable cheap - and sold my 6600K/1080 for almost the same I paid years ago(!)

Also bought a used Thrustmaster T300RS to replace my G27.

My handbrake was connected via an old PCB from a keyboard, so I decided to finally make the button box that I needed for so long. BUT one of the +12v from the lights in the buttons hit a wire and fried the PCB :blush I bought a new keyboard, but it was impossible to solder on the new PCB.. :mad:

So I used one of these:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Delay...707961?hash=item4dbcd74b79:g:9e8AAOSwOnlgHmcq

Its an arcade USB encoder, Windows recognises this as a generic joystick.
    [​IMG]
    The GaminRoom is in an old barn, there is heating, but not always enough in the winter, so I took a electric heater apart and moved the controls to the sim (the grey turn buttons) Now it is possible to adjust temp and fan :grin The two displays are reused from the old dash, they show JRK and wipermotor temps, they are placed so that they are visible through the nose gap on my Index while playing.:)
    [​IMG]
    Used both round and square buttons to easier being able to recognize them while in VR. The 3 in the bottom are rotary encoders. (missing the knobs) but the only work in one direction with the USB encoder...:think
  2. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Here is the setup for flying with HOTAS:
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    I have been collecting old consoles:
    [​IMG]
    From the left: Super Nintendo, WII, Xbox 360, Sega Master System II, C64 Mini and a Dava-tronic VideoSport! The Dava-Tronic (from Daells Varehus in Denmark) is from 1976 and is from the first generation on consoles with different games built in: Tennis and Hockey - in reallity just ping-pong with a white dot and two white bars :popcorn

Should have my old Commodore 64 lying around somewhere but can't find it, so the C64 Mini must do the job until I find it :)

[​IMG]
  4. Raredog

Raredog Active Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    [​IMG]

Almost all the gaming merchandise are from Ebay...;)

[​IMG]

The VR stand, made from PVC tubing and a styrofoam head with a batman mask, the usb connectors are build in, so the controllers are charging when not in use.
    [​IMG]

The Street Fighter Arcade is home-made from MDF and equipped with a Pandoras Box with 645 old arcade games :cool:

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MarkusB

MarkusB Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +594 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Wow, that is a man cave you can be proud of. Congratulations!
    • Agree Agree x 1