1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

6pc. 90ST M04025 AASD 1KW Servos for sale. 24h shipment from Germany

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by Dirty, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Dirty

Dirty Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,825Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    Being the smart dude that I am, I have actually managed to order the wrong size servos for my setup.
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 19.51.28.png

I have ordered 90ST size servo motors instead of the 80ST that I should have ordered. So, I am offering them up here for sale:
    Brand new 90ST M04025 (4NM, 2500RPM) servo motors, 1KW, incl. AASD drivers.

--> 199€/pc.<--

You can find more details about these servos here. If you live in Europe and are looking to buy 90ST M04025 servos, then this might be a way to get them cheaper and faster. Shipping is ~8€ within Germany and ~20€ within Europe and I can normally ship within 24h.

Cheers,.. Dirty :)
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Too bad, I'm all the way to USA, I would buy them for that bargain price!! Shipping from Europe to USA will probably cost as much as all servos together... :(

But same principle like "measure twice, cut once" is important when sourcing equipment...
  3. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,825Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    Haha, that's a good line! The german phrase "Lehrgeld bezahlt" means something like "That's the cost of learning".

Shipment to US is 55€ per motor. That's a bit of a bummer. If I flew into KSAN I'd come drop them off in in person.

Yeah, I think that this price is certainly not a rip-off. If they don't sell. I will find some project for them.
  4. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,825Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    - - - - - SOLD - - - - -
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,543Coins
    Ratings:
    +453 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    are the 90st more powerful ? can you mod your rig so you can use the 90 instead of 80 ?
  6. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,825Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    No, the "90ST" only specifies the form factor and mounting size.

80ST M04025 AASD <--> 90ST M04025 AASD

...have exactly the same performance: 4NM / 2500RPM / 1047W

I briefly considered adapting my actuator design to accomodate the bigger mounting plate, but that would've been a half-baked solution. The design is based on 80x80mm dimesions .

I got the new motors last week and can now continue my project. This silly slip cost me ~4 weeks delay.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I absolutely would have purchased these from you had I seen it before I ordered my 750w motors. This is an awesome deal.
  8. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,825Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    Yeah, they sold pretty fast on Ebay :) Someone will soon have one hell of a powerfull CNC machine in his shop :-D

I can certainly recommend them. They deliver great performance for a very reasonable price. There is one thing however, that I would love to do:
    Compare them to similar powerful and properly auto-tuned Teknic Clearpath MCPV or MCSC. The autotuning feature essentially "learns" the oscillation behavior of the mechanical setup and then modifies the signal so that it cancels out most of those vibrations.
    I'm not talking about RAS (basically a jerk derivative limit). RAS aims to limit vibrations in general (open loop). This autotuning measures the vibrations and then actively cancels them out like a noise cancelling headset.

AFAIK that's a feature that is not available on those AASD servo drives. Not sure if it's worth double the price though. Would love to talk to someone who actualy used it....
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    The clearpath servos NEED calibration as they are brushless motors equipped with encoder AND HALL EFFECT phase sensing. So the calibration is to align the hall sensors vector with the actual coils and encoder micro steps...
    Plus calibration is also needed preferably under load to use proper ramp up down and PID values...

AASD servos don't need that as the servomotors come with their encoder aligned by the factory ;)
  10. Dirty

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,825Coins
    Ratings:
    +859 / 2 / -0
    That's not what I meant. I know that they "know" where they are and that they can move to the commanded position with ease and precision, but as soon as you attach a mechanical system to the servos, they will have to deal with inertia and oscilations coming from the mechanical system they're attached to.

As you know, there are settings in the driver for that where you can specify values for inertia and mechanical rigidness as well as S-shape smoothing, but those are still guessed/set/fixed values. There are ClearPath models that measure inertia, rigidity and resonance frequencies in the autotune routine and apply corrections to the intended path to come up with a commanded path, so that the commanded path plus the inevitable overshoot/resonance/wobblyness of the system will result in the intended path. I can't find a video now that showcases that, but I saw one a while ago.

It's similar to what the Klipper firmware on 3D printers does with Input Shaping, where you attach an accelerometer to the printhead to cancel out resonances.

AFAIK there is no active signal shaping on AASD servos other than the values you set in the drive parameters.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  11. Rodeo5150

Rodeo5150 ROOKIE BUT LEARNING FAST Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    I happen to have brand new 80st-m02430 motors but Im in U.S.A
    • Winner Winner x 1