1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Traction Loss axis in flight simulation

Discussion in 'Digital Combat Simulators (DCS)' started by Alexander Asner, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6
    Hi guys,

I am a sim racer and I have a 2DOF + Traction Loss platform. I want to buy some helicopter controls and fly around in a helicopter soon in DCS ( I have a couple of real world hours). Now the question is what should I do with the traction loss axis? Use it for yaw, or simply disable it? I am in VR only BTW.

-Alex
  2. 0405 Andrew

0405 Andrew New Member

Balance:
    32Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    What did you do?
    Does the traction loss work axis work with pedal turns?
    Cheers Andrew
  3. Moe Colontonio

Moe Colontonio Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Traction loss for Yaw for sure. Opposite the pedal, so left pedal should kick the tail of the rig to the right. Use washout to return to center.