1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @pmvcda : I wish it could be possible to have black font for the windows titles (I'm a bit visually impaired and I cannot read the windows easily...) and the main interface.
    Thanks!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Acebk

Acebk New Member

Balance:
    - 31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I have (3x) SFX150 rig, two in front and one in the back. Just started using mover and it’s been great, thank you @pmvcda for all the work you do and for everyone who provide feedback. I’ve been trying to dial in heave for Iracing. So last night while playing around with it I noticed that when I selected vertical acceleration with gravity my rig raised as the input was a positive 9.8 m/s for gravity. But I realize that in a car positive Gs in real life gives you that sinking feeling and negative Gs gives you the floating feeling. So I went back to just vertical acceleration and added a -1.0 gain to invert it and it felt way more natural. So now when I get positive Gs the rig moves down and moves up for negative Gs. Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Mover 3.4.1

New release with some more bugs solved.
    Please go to https://www.flyptmover.com/ for download.

Some notes on the release:

-New LSPLINE and CSPLINE filters.
    upload_2021-2-26_18-27-23.png

You can now customize the input/output line by moving the nodes.
    To add a node, double click the graphic.
    To remove a node double click over it.
    Move them by draging the node.
    Minimum nodes is 3.
    LSPLINE is linear, CSPLINE is a curve.
    You can't combine other filters with splines (would be fun, but too complicated :eek:).

- Corrected some bugs in the transducers:
    upload_2021-2-26_18-29-55.png
    Also added a gain for the used value.
    Added some predefined filters, but they are WIP, nothing special.
    Remember amplitude and noise need an output between 0 and 1, so the graphic is scalled, moved and cropped (might look strange).
    Needs more work.

- In the rigs, we can now set the scale to be made around zero instead of the actuator middle.
    upload_2021-2-26_18-32-39.png
    So even with scale, we can keep bit value zero at the minimum, and adjust scale to match the maximum bit value of the actuator.

- Solved bad connection in FS2020

- Solved jumps AC and ACC when pausing or going to the menu.

- Other smaller bugs solved...

MORE INFO ABOUT CUSTOM UDP ON THIS LINK
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi, thank's.
    For a car you don't need the acceleration with gravity. It's there for air crafts.
    How do you feel gravity?
    When you are sitting in a car, you feel gravity through the pressure you feel on your butt, because of your wheight.
    To reproduce such force, the rig moves up to make you feel that presure.
    When using the gravity, we should always use an high pass to wash that dislocation.
    The gravity is constant and we are already feeling it, so we don't want the movement.

In air crafts, making a loop, going to inverted flight or roll, gravity is important because we play much more with washing, cars are way simpler to "feel" in the rigs.

Hope you understand what I mean.
  5. Juice Skyy

Juice Skyy New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Thanks for that :cheers
  6. Acebk

Acebk New Member

Balance:
    - 31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replay, and for the update. I get vertical acceleration with gravity, I just selected it to see what would happened, I’m actually using just vertical acceleration. I also get the pressure on the butt thing, but I think for driving simulator heave is the one G force we can come pretty much close to replicating as the car up and down movement can be replicated by a rig with good range. This is because heave movement are usually fast from one direction to the next. The only time you get sustain Gs in heave in a car is going over a crest on a hill or a huge dip and even these aren’t sustain for long. So in my opinion just setting up heave on your rig to replicate heave movement and speed of the car should give you a very good feeling. With that what I’m trying to figure out is in game, when the car dips or moves downward is the output data for vertical acceleration a negative number or positive number?
  7. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey Friends. Can someone explane, how to use the Spikefilter? What Values do these three Fields represent?

Much thanks.

[​IMG]
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  9. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    ok thanks, halfway understood :)
  10. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Forgot to say that 4.3.1 now includes a custom UDP source:

upload_2021-2-27_10-32-28.png

We can set the start byte position of the data we want to read and the type.
    You then assign it to a variable like lateral speed.
    You can also define up to 4 sources (like air and ground). So you can make this source a multi source.
    upload_2021-2-27_10-36-50.png

Pressing the "Show Edit/Values" button shows the values received like we see in other sources:
    upload_2021-2-27_10-37-32.png
    notice the two columns for two sources (A) and (B).

The filtering systems, allows you to perform operations on that value, like smoothing, or converting from radians to degrees.

You can also select the way Mover detects the existence of data to perform transitions between receiving and not receiving data:
    upload_2021-2-27_10-40-55.png
    Just enough data means we are receiving the needed number of bytes to fill the selected values.
    By change in sum of selected values, means it is active if the sum of values change.
    By change in specific value, means we can select a specific value, like a clock to detect activity.

The limit here is that you can't convert local to world coordinates or use up vector directions and compute the other ones.
    But it's intended use ids for those who are making a game or other software and they want to feed data to Mover.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  11. coyote

coyote Member

Balance:
    679Coins
    Ratings:
    +72 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  12. Patte83

Patte83 Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi everyone i got a few questions.. FLYPT setup with Dof H3

I got an Dof P3 with 2x 32 Sabertooths. I got it working all good but.
    When i test motors 1 motor is only moving they don't move together ? why ? And how to fix?
    In game example Msfs2020 it is to sensitive movements how do i change this? How can i make it smooth in game movements ?

And last question i got OVRMC virtual tracker output is this working?
  13. FoxONe42

FoxONe42 6DOF newbie

Flight simulator engineer
    Balance:
    100Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    I am back on this topic after almost 2 years without touching my 6DOF RC servo platform.
    I'm glad to see that the FlyPT Mover software is much more advanced and mature than it was at that time. It truly offers endless possibilities, congratulation @pmvcda for this master piece.
    I managed to make it work correctly except for the very last step: The serial output.

Here is a screenshot of the previous version (FlyPT 1.9) I was using, and it is still working fine nowadays.
    upload_2021-3-3_21-59-43.png

Now, here is the current output serial configuration window (FlyPT Mover 3.4.1), as you can see, I replicated the previous configuration but the servo won't move (as they do with the previous version of FlyPT).
    upload_2021-3-3_21-57-35.png

One thing I notice it the difference in the debug lines of both versions, they are different, so I assume this is why the servo are responding to the first string (A125~B126~ ...) but not the the second one (065 053 049 126 ...)
    Any idea what am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think I found where the issue is. In my Rig configuration, I set the "position bit output" to 8 when it was originally 10. And it seems to be working fine now. Does that make sense ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  14. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

Yes, that's right.
    In the new Mover, you can output values in different bit ranges, so you need to set it in the rig module.
    By default it's setup to 10 bits.
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,
    I'm not at home right now, but by the end of the week, I will look at the setups I have.
    I'm not using DCS, but I have something somewhere.
  16. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Only one motor working? Aal mottors should be working.
    I added the DOF rig to allow OVRMC to work. We need the rig dimensions to make it work.
    But it's a WIP rig.
    The ranges in the motors might not be right. One way to adjust it is by using scale in the rig and see when the movement in the rig matches what we have in Mover (I don't have a DOF rig, so no way to test).

I promise I will get back to the DOF rigs, I already have more data about them and will update them in Mover (also the P6/H6).
  17. Patte83

Patte83 Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF

Thank y0u for the reply :) I got it working spot on with all 3 motors !! The movements are really sweet..
    Now my big issue is i can not start the virtual Tracker on the PTmover program.

When i try ( Openvr motion cancellation 1.3 ) program its starts but wont find the virtual tracker.
    Any ideas why and how to fix this? Do i really need to use controller ?
    And when i try the ( openvr motion compensation 0.3.5 ) It don't work, it crashes the steam and when i restart it and try to enter the settings its all blank. And if i try to start the program from Windows 10 " Desktop mode "
    it wont even start only start in the task manager / progress...

Please if anyone knows let me know :)

Spec windows 10 newest update
    Vive cosmos
  18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    You need to add the output for OVRMC in Mover:
    upload_2021-3-3_23-5-41.png
    Don't forget to connect the output (should be red like the image), and select the rig in the drop down control.
  19. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I can't find a OVRMC output in Mover. Is that only in the older Version?
  20. Patte83

Patte83 Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Ok i see but do i really need to use the OpenVR Motion Compensation program in steam? This wont even start for me..
    Or can i use OpenVR-InputEmulator with the tracker ? it wont find the tracker..

Or do i only use the OVRMC with out the programs?

Sorry to be a pain its :) and thank you for helping me :)