1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

G helmet system starting up. Idea phase and minor Hw building

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Trigen, Apr 7, 2020.

1. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,419Coins
    Ratings:
    +234 / 1 / -0
    Every dc motor driver operates in torque mode. When you add a pot and pid loop you covert it to a position drive.

Just use an arduino and a sabertooth drive. Motion data from the arduino is sent to sabertooth and thats it. Torque mode.
  2. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks. Now its all clear and I can find some suitable motors and have mechanical stops so they don't go crazy. Hopefully they programming won't be to hard but we'll see. I got time. I'll use my wipers and position in the meantime
  3. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    A very friendly fella helped me out with a helmet for just paying the shipping so im one step closer to adding the helmet G's. I dont know the fit yet but i have high hopes. I will adapt it either way

116108957_570589160255235_2848568604111006501_n.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  4. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    It won't even matter if the G-system works - the helmet looks fantastic anyway! :thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chipless

Chipless Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    @Trigen Any updates? I am very curious to know if you got something working since I am hoping to implement something similar on my setup.
  6. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Afraid it's been on hold for health reasons. I usually barely have energy to put the bread in a bag so it could be 4 weeks or 2 years in between my build. Bi polar a bitch. Waiting for the next hypomania to hit the correct thing. Always a different interest :p
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chipless

Chipless Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You're not alone. I hope the down-swing passes soon.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Banfy

Banfy FR/AU

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    • Agree Agree x 1