1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

YawVR and SimTools

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Jackdaniels35, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Jackdaniels35

Jackdaniels35 New Member

IT
    Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have a YawVR and from the YawVR website you can download their free Game Engine, which includes a plugin for Project Cars 2. Seems to work ok. However I am curious to understand what this plug in does and wanted to understand if by using Simtools and this plug if it provide an even better YawVR simulation experience?
  2. Jackdaniels35

Jackdaniels35 New Member

IT
    Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have the free Game engine for YawVR and I notice a lag in the response from the YawVR to the sim movements. Curious if by switching to Simtools and the MSFS2020 plugin anyone had experienced a better sim experience and without any lag?

NOTE: Don't get any lack of other titles.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2021
  3. KydDynoMyte

KydDynoMyte Fool's Gold Contributor

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Each software has their own set of plugins that only work with that software. The plugin helps the software get the telemetry data from the game since there isn't a standard and they're mostly all different. You'd have to look at which forces the plugin provides for each and which software has the most features you want to decide which you'd prefer to use. The YawVR discord server is great for help setting something like this up, I see you are already over there.
  4. Jackdaniels35

Jackdaniels35 New Member

IT
    Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanks for the pointers, did not realise that telemetry output is not standard for the game itself so there is a chance the simtools approach could deliver a different result/experience.

Looking to get myself up the learning curve as fast as possible.