1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

6 DOF project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Ole-Martin Fetveit, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Ole-Martin Fetveit

Ole-Martin Fetveit New Member

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

I`m finely going to build an 6dof sim.

This is something I always dreamt owe, and just by accident og luck depending owe hoo you ask. I stumbled upon an home made 6dof on youtube and I discovered there was more people like me, and it was totally within my skillset to build one owe my one.

I`m not that good with the computer part so I will probably ask a lot of stupide questions.

I hope people will like my project and are patient because I'm also running my one company so this project will probably take som time.

So lets get started. My servos arrived today and like any other project its important to make mistakes right from the beginning and here is mine.
    IMG_0399.jpeg
    This is to smale

it may have ben vice owe me to remember to check the dimension on the output shaft on the servos

And this is the other mistake, but what do you think? I ment to order 110st-mo6020 6Nm for my direct drive but I managed to order 110st-m02030 2Nm.

I hope is good enough, it will pull around 8Kg on the steering well but will it runn hot
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    Here is the rest of the parts.
    IMG_0397.jpeg IMG_0400.jpeg IMG_0398.jpeg
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,700Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    My Direct drive steering wheel motor is just a 90ST-M02430. It does heat up a bit, but nothing extraordinary. Maybe add a fan to keep it cool.

3. Sam Neall

Sam Neall Member

Balance:
    84Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    This looks like the start of a solid build. I'm looking forward to the end product.
  4. Ole-Martin Fetveit

Ole-Martin Fetveit New Member

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    This project is already getting interesting for an sledgehammer mechanic like me.
    but finely getting som prints out of this machine:sos:thumbs IMG_0403[1].JPG