1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. digitalmonk

digitalmonk Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So I'm having a bit of an issue. I think latest thanos firmware related. The spike filter in hardware doesn't match the latest flypt display.

When I press update fields with current controller settings it doesn't update anything. And I know the spike filter activates lower than set in thanos. In dirt rally 2, certain jumps used to be ok, now the filter activates at a lower level. Setting the filter higher in flypt doesn't fix the problem .

Attached Files:

2. Dennis Gerding

Dennis Gerding New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    First of all thank you for this amazing software.
    I am currently building a 2dof motion simulator for a school project and we are looking to use your software, but when we try to use the 2dof rig we do not see the picture could you please provide this?

a verry big thank you from the netherlands,
    Dennis
  3. digitalmonk

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ok so question for the transducer module. How can I set up a gear change effect (the thump). I have been messing with it for hrs and can't figure it out. Also how would one setup different sounding engines? Subaru Boxer for example. I know it's all in the filters somewhere but my logic fails me on this one.
  4. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    I didn't change anything from fix4 to fix5 regarding the Spike filter remote settings.

BUT... SRS had same issue which it came down to removing the LF and CR characters in the end of send the remote commands and adding a bit of "sleep" time between sending the commands to set these parameters remotely, as they use buffer stream not interrupts like the real time motion data... also helps if the motion software does not sending motion data while attempting to send and set these remote parameters.

Maybe @pmvcda can check the above and do a quick fix about the additional sleep time between each send and removing the LF/CR characters in the end...
  5. Wagnard

Wagnard Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,620Coins
    Ratings:
    +618 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi,
    I was trying to setup my rig for the first time with Mover, so far I have 1 question, according to the rig I have, what is the best RIG option in Mover I should chose, there seem to be none adapted to the way my system work (all independent actuator.)

Any idea?
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  6. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Why not something more compact and lower profile?

• Like Like x 1
  7. wyh0607b

wyh0607b New Member

Balance:
    173Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Why does the software start slowly? About 25-30 seconds(FlyPT Mover 3.3.5 ALPHA)
  8. Wagnard

Wagnard Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,620Coins
    Ratings:
    +618 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I'm not really larger than what we see in this video and this thing is only a vibrator. :D
    Mine has way larger movement and I prefer it 10x.
    Only downside of mine is it's beauty haha.
    Also seems you misunderstood my question I was not asking for a new RIG but for the RIG option in mover I should choose.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yeah, custom rigs in flypt... if only Pedro could add a 3D designer in his program to position yourself the actuators and draw the chassis connections...
  10. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @pmvcda I assume you work on 3.3.6? I have a feedback on that custom version from Dec.,1st that was handed over to me by @Trip Rodriguez to help me in my ongoing struggles to set up my rig (GforceFactory EDGE6D).

I run the build and I set up an OUTPUT::TCP and a RIG::JUST POSE module. For the first time ever everything seemed to work as expected!:) Every movement of any of the six sliders was mirrored precisely by my physical rig. Throughout the whole range of the each slider, from one physical limit of the rig to its counter physical limit. JUST PERFECT!

Next step was adding a POSE::FROM MOTION module. And here it happens: The very second I add the POSE..FROM MOTION window, the output string changes and freezes. This happens even with the checkbox "POSE::FROM MOTION" NOT checked.

You should be able to replicate it with the attached settings and that 1st-Dec. build. Just add a POSE::FROM MOTION module to it.
    Here's is a correct output string BEFORE
    output string 1b.png
    and AFTER (adding the window)
    output string 2.png

My gut feeling says the value naming conventions might be the source of the problem. You mentioned several times that you are not quite satisfied with its current state. But you'll know better.

As always lots of THANKS for looking into this!!
  11. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,419Coins
    Ratings:
    +234 / 1 / -0

You don't need an algorithm for that motion sim. Do not use the rig module. Just use direct outputs for your actuators. You have a motor for surge, assign it to surge, motor for sway, assign for sway etc.

This is the same for me with my gseat. I use multi directs to mix some surge and sway onto the same motor.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Mauricio , @digitalmonk , @J-1775 , @Wagnard and all others,

Really sorry, been trying to solve some personal problems and to much work in the end of year.
    Can't give much feedback right now. My head is full with bureaucracy :confused:

@wyh0607b , the slow start might be related to the automatic hardware detection I made. Or the web search for the latest version.
    I disabled the hardware detection for the next version, it was causing crashes and problems with some hardware.

@Mauricio , The FS2020 source is not yet concluded. You still have to run the other program and use P3Dto receive the data. Go back on this thread to see how.
  13. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Wagnard ,

Maybe follow what @cfischer says, I don't think I will add that type of rig.
    I have some work behind the scenes to allow the user to define a custom the rig, but it's not working and it's a real math nightmare with to much dependencies between actuators. It's almost like making a little part of Fusion 360.
    If you are looking for motion compensation, maybe try to use the actuator rig. It allows you to use a pose to define the actuator position. Then you use that data in the motion compensation. But it's not a easy, and might not be possible for your rig. Sorry.
  14. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @J-1775 ,

Please wait for the new version. I found many errors in that one. Hope they are solved for the new version.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I will look at it!
  16. digitalmonk

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Pedro!
    Just to update you on this, for example I have Thanos set at
    Range: 14280
    Filter:8400 (14mm)

In Fly PT it detects it as
    Spike Range: 14280
    Spike filter: 8400 (12.8mm)

Before the Thanos firmware update, the highest spike filter I ran was 7112 (11.9mm) in Dirt Rally2, and that was ok on most jumps. And the two settings matched. (Thanos/FlyPt) Now even at a 14mm filter in thanos, it seems like it activates a lot lower.

So I'm not sure what changed.
  17. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    That's fine with me and good enough news!
    Just take good care of yourself and stay healthy, nothing's more important than that!
  18. T R Para

T R Para i make stuff up

Retired
    Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Question...
    Can Mover output to the SCN type actuators?
    I have a couple I would like to incorporate.
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    No
    Would love to add it, but I don't have hardware to make tests
  20. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor