1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

issues with TDD

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by pooh, Nov 25, 2020.

1. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Guys,

I'vejust got servo drive (130ST-m15015) and connected it to TDD. initially blue LED blinks and that's it. i can turn the servo and it shows the move on the AASD screen. power cable is shielded. when i disengage emergency button it starts spinning in one direction. if i change parameter 191 to "1" it spinns in opposite direction.
    i've saved to EEPROM couple of times different offsets but nothing seems to work :(
    any ideas?
    @Thanos ?

EDIT:
    i have the following settings:
    • PN002 = 0 (control mode - voltage mode, requires restart)
    • PN003 = 0 ( Servo enabled? - external)
    • PN018 = 0 (Take the encoder output pulse AB phase logic - 0-1)
    • PN051 = 1500 (Motor max RPM - see motor specs)
    • PN053 = 18 (SigIn 2 port functional allocation -27 - 27)
    • PN188 = 10 (Analog torque instruction smooth filtering time - 1-500ms)
    • PN189 = 100 (Analog torque instruction gain 1-300 %/V)
    • PN190 = -100 (Analog torque instruction offset adjustment -1.5v - 1.5v)
    • PN191 = 0 (Simulation of torque command direction - try 0 first)
    • PN198 = 500 (Torque control speed limit - 0-4500rpm)

2. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    ok, when i've ordered DB25 cables for 6DOF platform i took 7 with TDD in mind. It happened that they were not straight 1:1 but some different variation. i've then fixed all of them to work with AMC-AASD15A controller assuming TDD has the same mapping (as those wires didn't have all 25 cables but rather 10 of them i had to resolder to match what's needed for AMC...)
    now we know that assumption is mother of all fuckups :)
    after comparing photos that i took back then and looking as correct mapping from @Thanos it became clear where the problem is.
    So remember, if you have full 25 wires DB25 straight cable it will work with both AMC and TDD but if it has less wires inside you will most probably need to resolder.
    now it works correct however i have very nasty issue with my button box on the steering wheel (which is not bluetooth but arduino pro micro connected via USB). Need to figure out what to do with it - either will shield it or buy BT board. i'm not sure though if those EMI goes through USB cable or the board itself.

[​IMG]
  3. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF