1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question SFX 100 100 x 100 profile sourcing? (not) KineticMsystems

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Trigen, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello

Im curious if anyone has found another place to source the 100 x 100 profiles needed for the SFX 100. I made a mistake on the payment option (advance bank pay) with Kinetic and ordered the same but with paypal and asked them to cancel the first. But since it is impossible to get any sort of contact with the company in over a month and ive only recieved an order confirmation for the first with an invoice im tempted to contact paypal and tell them to stop that payment. Their order page never updates from proccessing either so its impossible to know for sure what is going on or if i will ever get it.

Anyways, anyone got another source or is this the only place its possible to get them?

Thanks!
  2. EduardoMoreira

EduardoMoreira Member

Balance:
    113Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    • Like Like x 2
  3. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,419Coins
    Ratings:
    +234 / 1 / -0
    Check around locally. I found a place near me that salvages large industrial machines. I had the pick of as much extruded aluminum as I could want at a dollar a pound. Crazy cheap. Then just draw it up and 3d print according to your find.
  4. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Cheers! To bad ive printed most of the stuff so ill give Kinetik 2-3 weeks before i tell Paypal to remove the payment and go this route instead.

I live in Norway, no such thing as finding anything remotely specialty locally :) If i didnt have everything except sliders printed and bolts bought id ditch Kinetik right now though. At worst since the STL is identical except the hole size i suppose i can reprint the top bearing mounts and drill M10 for the bottom ones where there's no real load on the bolts. I got a 3x setup so its not that much extra in terms of time and cost
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    So, is kinetiK not trustworthy? Thanks
  6. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    From what i hear people do get their profiles but you can pretty much forget about talking with anyone and getting a reply or getting any updates on shipping etc. Ive called for weeks and sent 8 mails trough their webpage and so on. Even their paypal listed mail will just give you a message, couldnt deliver. I'll never shop there again. Due to my minor mistake i can never be sure if they hold both back even when ive payed for one.
  7. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    wow, I am sorry to hear that. I want to do the SFX acturators aswell and I am not sure how to start (besides reading old posts) It looks not so easy for clamsy people like myself. Also, PT acturators, even if they look awsome, are too expensive for my budget.
  8. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks.

On first glance it may look a bit complicated but it really isnt. There's also some kits you can get which will help you a long the way :) Only thing that can be slightly hard is tuning your 3d printer but once you get the hang of it, its no big deal. Im sure lots of people are happy to print it for you too.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  9. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks for the tips, Trigen. I have a creallity cr 10s which always delivers. I guess its a matter of time I make these actuators. I have already a 90 st servomotor and I was thinking also to try to make a thanos Direct Drive if He makes the board for sale
  10. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    I'm thinking to start a Tindie page perhaps for the TDD, just need to secure enough parts and find some time to put together some documentation.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks Thanos. Many people will be happy if you do.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Mine arrived on the 8th of July and neither Kinetik or the post office gave me any notice so after spending 2 hours on the phone yesterday i finally got the shipping info and can finally set things up!
  13. Groquest

Groquest New Member

Balance:
    1,308Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    I am glad that you received yours. May I ask how long did it take for you to receive the shipment?

It has been 6 weeks since I ordered mine. I was expecting to wait about a month, but now I am getting worried. Tried their email to no avail, just like the others experienced. “Order processing” in their website’s order page.

Every other parts have already arrived and 3d printed parts are ready. Which makes the waiting even worse.
  14. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Send them a mail. They seem very sloppy with actually sending out the shipping info. Mine had been at the Post office for a week after 6 weeks and I had no mention from them or the post office.
  15. Groquest

Groquest New Member

Balance:
    1,308Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    I've seen so many reports of them not responding to email that I didn't even bother to try and send another email after the first one.

Anyways, it's a relief to hear that it took six weeks for you to receive the shipment (excluding the one week delay from the post office). Hopefully mine is on the way. I will give it another week before trying again to contact them. Thank you!
  16. crisisguy

crisisguy New Member

semi retired,
    Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Ordered mine 3 weeks ago from Kinetic. Managed once to speak with man last week who confirmed my order and said would be processed 2 weeks ago and then nothing. No answer to emails, phones now not answered. Atrocious customer service. I will likely begin a claim with paypal to get a refund and look elsewhere.

Ive purchased my motors from eracing lab in HK who have super responsive to updating me and note they do profiles and machined CNC parts. I may go down that route, even though ive ordered a 3 printer.
  17. Groquest

Groquest New Member

Balance:
    1,308Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Atrocious is the word. I managed to make a phone call with them yesterday. They said my package has been returned to sender and apparently they just let the box sit on their warehouse without notifying me (it's been FIFTY days) . Although they had said they would send the package again tomorrow and send me the shipping information via email, it's been two days already and I got no email. I'm going to wait a few more days and try calling them again.
  18. crisisguy

crisisguy New Member

semi retired,
    Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    3 weeks after ordering my profiles arrived. Product looks great quality, shame their communications does not match the quality of their products.
  19. John Beardmore

John Beardmore New Member

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have just ordered from Kinetic to the UK. I received shipping details, an invoice and I was able to track the parcel.
    All parts arrived well packaged in 2 weeks.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. darkknight

darkknight New Member

Balance:
    41Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    I enquired and recieved an email 2 weeks ago saying they would be shipped last week. No further coms since. They did mention that they have received 4x the number of orders they usually get for this system.