1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wich pulley for a 80ST-M02430 actuator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by gigi, Nov 24, 2020.

1. gigi

gigi Active Member

Balance:
    900Coins
    Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK, 4DOF
    Goodmorning everyone. I am thinking of making an actuator using the 80st-m02430 motor. The engine has these characteristics
    Motor Parameters:
    Rated power: 750W
    Rated line voltage: 220V
    Rated line current: 6.0A
    Rated speed: 3000rpm
    Rated torque: 2.4N.m
    I believe they are the same characteristics of the 90st-M02430 engine that many users use in the sfx-100 project.
    I also used a 1605 trapezoidal screw. I would like to position the motor not above but next to the actuator and for this I will have to use pulleys that will have the same diameter. In this way the ratio will remain unchanged and I will get a speed of 250mm / sec. The pulleys can have a maximum diameter of about 30/32 mm. for example pulley HTD 5M 20 teeth or HTD 3M 30 teeth. I have seen that there are different types of toothing for pulleys and not only HTD. For example the GT or GT2 that seem to be an evolution of the HTD and even less noisy. The need is to have a pulley capable of withstanding the torque of this 80ST motor combined with the fine 1605 trapezoidal screw with the highest possible precision. The question I ask myself and I ask you is; Which type of pulley is preferable? HTD, GT, GT2 is what size? 3M 5M or other?
    Thanks for your support
    gigi
  2. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
    If you look at other people using pulleys with these kinds of motors the biggest problem they run into is slipping on the shaft. Take rowans gseat for example. A lot of guys are using set screws to hold the pullys on. This is not adequate usually. What method of attachment are you thinking of using with these pullys?
  3. gigi

gigi Active Member

Balance:
    900Coins
    Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK, 4DOF
    Hi! Thanks for your reply. I try to print in 3d this htd 5m pulley with keeway. bore 19. see the photo. When I decide wich pulley ....htd,gt,gt2 I will print in pteg. It should be ok for motor.
    Honestly, I still have to think about how to avoid slipping of the pulley on the 1605 screw. Probably the solution could be to make a groove in the 1605 screw on which to insert a keeway and obviously make a pulley like this. but I don't think it is very easy to work the 1605 screw, difficult to drill difficult to mill, perhaps with the flexible you can create a chamfer. probably home tools are not enough to perform correct work, but you need a professional drill and someone who knows how to use it. But I don't see it as an impossible problem to solve anyway. I haven't read rowans gseat threads but i will do it soon. Was he able to solve? Regarding the type of pulley, any suggestions? hdt m5, hdt m3?

Attached Files:

4. gigi

gigi Active Member

Balance:
    900Coins
    Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK, 4DOF
    I got this idea, I don't know if it can work. I designed a pulley HDT 5M 30 TEETH with a 10 mm hole to engage the 1605 screw but also with a hexagonal hole that fits into the nut which has an external diameter of 19 "and is used to fix the 1605 screw to the FK12 bearing. If you can staring at that nut even the pulley will be firm and will not slip Stupid idea? What do you think?

Attached Files:

5. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
    I don't think it matters if you use hdt vs gt2 etc. I think GT2 is more common. You will need a wide belt. There are engineering specs from the companies that make the belts that give torque ratings on the belt widths. Google it.

I think the nut on the ball screw will slip, for sure.
    You best bet might be talking to a screw manufacturer on alibaba and asking for a screw with a keyway. Some of them are very accomodating. You can also ask for non standard shaft size where the keyway connects so you have enough metal. Keys are the best way but you need to make them precisely or they will have backlash.

3d printed pulleys are great for a prototype but I think they will break when used with any real torque (but I could be wrong).