1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

You need to copy the dll included in the download, inside the sources files folders.
    The go to this game folder:
    [​IMG]
    Create the folder plugins if the folder does not exist
    And copy the file FlyPT_ETS2_AMTS_MMF.dll inside that plugins folder. Remember, this works only on 64 bits version of ETS2 (who uses the 32bit on those days...)

Don't know how I missed this source in the manual...
  2. djbart82

djbart82 New Member

Operador
    Balance:
    210Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Where is the link for download?

Thank you

3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    In the first post of this thread.
    Or here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BUHXTpmRG-_RPOt8v7n8jOP4Auvmz49Q

Open the zip, inside you have a folder with files needed for some sources.
    I'm sending 2.9.9, because latest version has some problems in outputs to serial.
  4. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi ,
    Bug Report !

version 2.9.9 work well again !!!
    Version 3.3.3 . Today after 1h playing with Condor2 , the control : Keyboard , Joystick freeze . Before that everything was ok ! ( I don't know if this bug have a relation with the program )

A few minuts later , switch for Version 3.3.4 and all outputs serials don't want connect !! ( back with 2.9.9 = Work good again ! ).
    Thanks !
  5. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, 3.3.4 is broken. Already solved for next version
  6. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    FlyPT Mover 3.3.5 ALPHA

Go to first post to download it or use the menu in previous version.

-Hopefully, corrected some bugs on the Thanos output.
    -Added some images and updated the 2 x traction loss rig (sfx100 type).
    It's a 6DOF rig.
    Still WIP, but calculations seem correct now:

upload_2020-11-11_18-12-20.png

Attention, all movement was thought for motion cueing.
    So if you have some yaw, introducing sway generates some surge to compensate and create real sway.
    In my opinion, 7 actuators to get limited motion on a 6dof, doesn't seem the ideal. But it has the advantage of space... Maybe.

Corrected some other bugs.

Made some changes in the transducers to solve crashes in some PC's (not tested).

Other WIP, not exposed yet.

EDIT:

Did not forget other requests. Really sorry for not achieving to include them yet.
    -Other rigs
    -Some small features
    -Some sources, like Falcon BMS or VTOLVR <--------
    I'm working on them all!
    • Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  7. articho

articho New Member

Balance:
    139Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks for this New version.
    I will try and tell you if my motors are moving with this one.

And don't worry, at least from my point of view i could not imagine how i could be disapointed from some bugs or missing features/rigs.... I mean... You're doing this on your free time and software is free so...hug:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. djbart82

djbart82 New Member

Operador
    Balance:
    210Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
  9. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF

Hi ,
    Bug Report V3.3.5 .
    After 1 h with Condor2 it seem be good, except no wind !!( simple direct don't work ) and with V 2.9.9 it's ok
    I Had somes littles jump( skip motor) sometime in my game that normaly I don't have before . But I must see that with other game !

Thanks !
  10. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, @hannibal has the same problem with the direct.
    Try to change the key to <BWind>.
    I was making some test's and might have left that one behind. Will try to check it later.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    i will test tonight!! thanks @pmvcda
  12. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Multi directs are broken. last working 3.3.

3.4 3.5 no movement
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  13. articho

articho New Member

Balance:
    139Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi !
    Serial communication seems OK now with 3.3.5 so thanks for the update !

Tell me if I understand correctly : there is no way to setup that surge is sent to motor 1, sway to motor 2 etc... This is deduced from the rig you chose, am I right ?

Other thing : i don't understand in the rig module what are the top names like PPsway, PPsurge and so on... What can we do with those names ? What's the impact if we change them ?

Sorry for the beginer questions but i couldn't find the information in the first post or pdf files.

Chears,
    Kevin
  14. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Those are keys, that you use later on the outputs to send the values to the hardware or other applications.
    The values you mention in the rigs, are the pose values of the rig. Sway, surge, roll....
    They are used for VR motion compensation.
    You can rename them, because they need to be unique to be identified on the outputs.
    Imagine you have 2 rigs (yes, it's possible), how would you distinguish the pose of each one?
    I could make it automatic, but then it would be some chars and numbers making strange names.

This shows that Mover thinks a bit different to other softwares.
    All calculations are made to calculate a pose (remember, sway, surge, heave, roll, ....)
    When you define the rig, Mover calculates the actuators positions to achieve the desired pose.
    That's why I have the values for motion compensation and other softwares don't.

Other softwares do it in the opposite way, you estimate how much of a value (%) you assign to one actuator.
    You go by trial and error until you feel it good.
    Mover tries to use the classical motion cueing algorithm to do it (search for the term in the web), and that works all around the pose.

It's different philosophies. Mover seems more complicated, but when you understand it, it seems natural to do it that way (well, for me).

But, in Mover you can control actuators the same way we do in other softwares.
    That's the directs. A multi direct, allows you to assign more than one value to control one actuator.
    You can add how many actuators you want. Just give them diferent key values to identify them in the outputs.
    In Mover, the actuators can be rotating actuators, fans, leds, linear actuators, an rc servo moving a tachometer needle, whatever you want.

Going back a bit, Mover allows you to control two or more rigs running different games.
    If the PC has enough power, it's possible to use 1 Mover to control a full room of rigs with different games.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. articho

articho New Member

Balance:
    139Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you for the clear answer.
    I'll try to take this into account to make it match my rig (I still need some processing to make my brain working the same way Mover does ;) )
  16. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST!
    And thanks for all other explanations, too! Always VERY interesting to learn more.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. deadlymanager

deadlymanager Member

Balance:
    - 0Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I confirm that FlyPT is the only program for platforms where motion compensation works in virtual reality.
  18. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @pmvcda I have two rigs, one is my 6DoF using 2.9.9 (fantastic) I have not transferred it over to Alpha.

I was very excited to be able to transfer my 2DoF over to alpha and start using Mover with it though.

But, I think you are being too literal with your 2DoF rig in the software. While I have two motors I should still be able to simulate more forces than just roll and pitch. With 3.3.5 I can only simulate roll and pitch as the other forces are greyed out and pose from motion gives no reaction testing anything but Roll and Pitch. Tilt forward and back (with rigs using a center pivot point) is usually used for roll, heave, and surge. While tilt side to side is used to simulate roll and sway. I know that these are not real DoF movements but we should still be able to simulate them as we have been in other software.

I know that you have a deeper understanding of this than I do and I apologize if it seems like I am patronizing you. That is not my intent at all.

This is the same issue that @articho is running into, regardless of how his motor setup differs from mine (mine is traditional two in the back connected to the top sides of the chair.

Again, I apologize if this is just something that I am not understanding and perhaps I am just not finding how to turn on the sway, heave, and surge forces.
  19. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You can still use the individual DOF assignments zo translate other poses. This way I have assigned pitch rate as well as surge to the pitch pose And roll rate as well as sway to the roll pose for my flight Sim.
  20. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    @Avee , can you post screnshots to show what you mean? Thanks