1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. deadlymanager

deadlymanager Member

Balance:
    - 0Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I find a trouble in Aerofly fs 2. No yaw acceleration an speed in telemetry. Only position. All other parameters is fine. Waaaahhh how I love you program.
  2. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    HI .
    -I don't think it's worth for Condor2. Unfortunately it don't work !!!
    -
    For the suspension , it great !!! Noise at 10 it rough , but ok !! Tomorow i will try at 12 or more .
    - As I said before ( I like when I feel the tow line who pull me ) , but I must put at Surge a high gain ( 125.ooo) . Now with the source ground active ,I can’t do that because I jump on the ground just before my take off ( It was no easy to found my E.P.O ).:roll
    I will try tomorow to cut off this signal on the ground but just enough to feel it again in the air !!exemple : Filter *SUB* to cut the first low signal !!!
    What do you think of that ?

Thanks !!:D
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Mover 3.3.3 ALPHA

New version with some bugs corrected and some new features to get some more bugs...

- Mover now detects if there's a new version available
    You can go to the menu and look for an update or if connected to the internet you get a warning:
    upload_2020-11-3_20-13-27.png

- New rig that - Pose rig
    This rig outputs 6 actuators that are the 6 pose dof's.
    You can map the dof range to a bit range and scale to match real movement, just like normal actuators.
    This is a step to make it work with rigs like the YawVR (well, it should work now).
    Making a rig, allow us to mix more than one pose in the movement, like suspension info with general motion.
    upload_2020-11-3_20-9-13.png

- Another feature I forgot to mention from previous builds:
    Double clicking in the window arrow, hides the module.
    This avoids the menu opening and loosing time.

-Updated Thanos output module:
    upload_2020-11-3_20-21-18.png
    We can now work with the hardware settings.
    The module tests the firmware and checks for a new one.

-Some small bugs correction and other work in future sources (WIP).

Keep an eye on bugs. Seems the USB auto detection is causing problems.

Download on first post of this topic.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. digitalmonk

digitalmonk Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    One but to report, the "mm" reading for the spike filter does not work. It always shows "0"

upload_2020-11-3_20-55-4.png
  5. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    You have to update the firmware to get that info
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    1001 THANKS for adding the RIG::JUST POSE module to 3.3.3. It's just what I had imagined! I feel like I am now VERY close to make my rig completely work with Mover. I have one, hopefully last :rolleyes:, problem.
    With all the settings required to make my rig understand the output stream, all 6 axis work exactly as expected, BUT ONLY with negative "original" values. So all movements in the rig are limited from middle (resting pose) to only ONE side.

I really hope this is a dummy question with an easy answer and no need for your programming action. I attach my settings. When you move sliders the values in the output stream change from (close to) Zero to 127 and then rest there (while "original" values become positive). I say "close to Zero" because I had to reduce scale value a little bit to 0.95.
    I do not think there is a connection to the error msg that I get when opening my settings? mover 3.3.3 opening error.png
    Thanks for looking into this!

Attached Files:

7. digitalmonk

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thank you! Amazing job on this.
    Donating to Paypal!
  8. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    let me know in case you want Polish translation.
  9. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @pmvcda can you please change engine vibration in a way that it hard stops if all other motion stops?
    right now it works in a way that in case i quit to menu in Raceroom all motion stops but RPM seems to gradually drop "till it runs out" which results in the platforms starting to shake a lot with higher but slower amplitude until it drops to 0...
    i know you're busy with more important things so no hurry with this one ;)
  10. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    one last thing i wanted to ask today - is there anyone willing to share MFS2020 settings? i'm strugling with surge - if i set huge gain it reacts to throttle max/min correctly but then when i put lots of rudder it wants to send me to the moon due to that gain :D
  11. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Might be a problem of your racing sim? I have similar ongoing vibes (back in Menu) in War Thunder with my JetSeat. Alex is aware of this but couldn't stop them all.
  12. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF

Hi , @pmvcda
    Finaly , It was not a good idea to do this * use SUB fiter !!!*
    My Question is :
    Is it possible to remove just a single movement ( Longitudinal acc ). Example On Ground list of condor2 ?
    Why I want do that , because this source is benifit for me in the air and negatif on the ground !
    Can I do that ?
    Thanks !
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  13. deadlymanager

deadlymanager Member

Balance:
    - 0Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    My program for control 6 stepper motors with Arduino Mega 2560. For free use. But if You want https://www.paypal.me/VirtualFly. Answer any question. Comatible with FlyPT! You can connect one controller to six motors, or 6 controllers to six separately

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  14. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you for your work!

After some experimenting, this seems to work just fine for my dofreality H2 rig.

What I don't like is how hard the platform drives into its positions. I would like the platform to slow down before it reaches a commanded position. I can use filters to accelerate smoothly, to slow down before the limits of travel, but I haven't found out how to slow it down when approaching the commanded position.

I guess I would need some kind of moving average that is pretty closely synced to the speed of the motors. It needs to react quickly, slope according to motor speed and then flatten towards the needed pose. What field would I use to enter the filter? "pose filtering"? "actuator filtering"? And what filter or combination of filters would I use to accomplish this?
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Try using the EMALP(VALUE;200) in the actuators filter of the rig. That's an exponential moving average.
    Here's the result in a sudden value change:
    upload_2020-11-5_16-39-4.png

You can see it "curving" before reaching destination, But this softens the signal and you start loosing detail.
    Maybe it needs a better PID setup on the rig controller. But if you have a DOF reality, you can't do anything at that level (I think). So try the actuators filters.
  16. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    may be... if Raceroom drops RPM like that (while cutting all other motion data completely) then it would act in such way. my question was more about making a workaround... so like if gameRpm < 800 then moverRpm = 0

another thing that i'm sure is such case is when you appear in pitlane for the first time - they throw the car from like 10 or 20 cm height (that is visible by head movement and surroundings) and that is very harsh move of the rig. one workaround i would see for such case is that in case there's no motion data for particular amount of time (game is loading etc, to be configured - let's say 5s) then do not go full speed to the position but slowly wash out to the desired position (within 1 or 2s).
  17. digitalmonk

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    One way I avoided the Pit drop in AC was to use the offline switch. Once the car is in pit, turn it back on and the rig slowly settles into position.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. pooh

pooh Member

Balance:
    584Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    That's what im doing now but i have issues with buttons for force offline and park/standby (video in amc-aasd thread) so have to either go to park or engages emergency and force offline and then quickly turn both off.
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    So, raceroom and AC/ACC have problems with sudden changes.
    I will look at what can be done. Maybe not next release.

I thought I was able to handle it on my tests. But been some time I don't use either sims.
    Usually I perform a transition when we start having data to avoid this, but seems it's not working.
    A workaround, could be to use a joystick button or keyboard key to start / stop the sources.
    You can set it in the options:

upload_2020-11-5_20-29-10.png

By default it's alt+o (I swapped the letters lol)
    Click on the field, to make it yellow, and then press the button you want to use.

Can do the same but for the rig, but with the Thanos one, better use the source because of the parking feature in Thanos controller.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. digitalmonk

Balance:
    237Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Forgot about this! Perfect for me.
    • Like Like x 1