1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

is there anyone interested in a self-moving throttle?

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Kane, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Kane

Kane New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in civil flight simulations, the throttle stick will move by itselv while the auto-throttle function is engaged,
    i just have an idea to make one, and the first step seems a small success of my lab model
    (i cannont upload the video to Youtube, cos' our stupid government has blocked it, the video is about 20M, anyone can help me to upload it? )

anyway, I think if there's a throttle which can move itself seems cool , anyone interested in it? :D

Attached Files:

2. Alviomsim

Alviomsim New Member

Electronic Assembler
    Balance:
    344Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    im interesting i would like see more and the cost you can send me a PM ...regards
  3. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also very interested in this project perhaps you could send me a PM with details also.

Regards
  4. Kane

Kane New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi Alviomsi,
    i haven't started the production yet, just some expirements now, and here's a video of the basic concept:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGHB9-PIh5g

btw, if finally i made this thing out, what's the price range are you expecting for buying?
  5. Alviomsim

Alviomsim New Member

Electronic Assembler
    Balance:
    344Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok i have a dual engine throttle belong to the combat aircraft my question is the servo motor have sufficient strength for move the both sticks ?...i send you a pic so soon and you can see what i talking about . and the price i don't have any idea ..let me know when all be ready and 100% functional and i like know too how many games this system gonna be compatible ?...my best regards
  6. Kane

Kane New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i do not have a throttle here, and what i'm using is a step motor, it may provide more power than a servo, and since this is just a baby idea now, i've no idea how much will it be cost when the final product is finished. acturally i only know very very little knowledge of the electrical and machincs, so i even not sure if the final product can be realized, lol
    for the compatible, i think the auto-moving feature is currently work with FS only, cos' the in game throttle is get via FSUIPC now, but for other games, till now, i have no idea how to get the live data yet :)
  7. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good idea! I think this would be a great feature integrated into a joystick controller like the Mjoy16. One day I will start such a project and together all of us make the best game controller! :D