1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

OpenVR-MotionCompensation

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Dschadu, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks!

SteamVR crashes as soon as I move the headset i.e. the headset becomes active. I have a Valve Index on Windows 10 Pro v.2004.

Attached Files:

2. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Here's a vid with Ptmover and software tracker + OVRMC

• Like Like x 2
  3. janio

janio janio from brazil

state employee
    Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I couldn't see if it has a tracker attached to the platform or does this ptmover use a virtual tracker?
  4. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino

It uses the virtual one
  5. BAER

BAER New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    This use to work perfect. I updated it via the "fix" from the previous page and now it's super laggy so the dash is floating around instead of it being still like before. Using Index, with OG Vive remote mounted to seat.
  6. janio

janio janio from brazil

state employee
    Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    have you tried using the FLYPT virtual tracker? I'm trying to understand this new feature because I don't want to miss one of the touch controls, which would be tied to the structure of the simulator.
    I appreciate any information.
  7. Dschadu

Dschadu Active Member

Balance:
    1,933Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
  8. Dschadu

Dschadu Active Member

Balance:
    1,933Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    @Avee Would you mind to join our discord, or upload the log files to i.e. pastebin? I'm not going to invest 30 coins to download the log files, sorry.
  9. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,020Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
  10. janio

janio janio from brazil

state employee
    Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    dschadu could you help me? windows won't let me download ovrmc, you mentioned on the site using the source code but i don't understand how to do that, i've disabled all windows 10 security and the idiot keeps blocking. any alternative?
    thankful.

solved, the problem was simpler than it seemed, I just allowed window to keep the file despite the warnings of possible malicious software.
    thanks and sorry.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  11. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,408Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,085 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    FINALLY I got a spare time to drive my sim, just jumping in and installing the latest version of your tool..no motion compensation unfortunately. The first beta version 1.1 worked without any issues...today I am going to roll back to 1.1 if the issue still persists. Yesterday I tried a lot of different things while trying to find a solution but no way.
  12. janio

janio janio from brazil

state employee
    Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I have the same problem, two whole days trying to make it work, but despite setting everything up correctly, nothing happens with my f5 3e dcs plane. i use the culus rift s, is that the reason?
  13. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,408Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,085 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I'm on Pimax5k+, so slightly different from your setup ;)
  14. janio

janio janio from brazil

state employee
    Balance:
    184Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    the developer says that the ovrmc doesn't work well with oculus, so I must wait for my hp g2 to arrive to be happy, (laughs).
  15. prime97

prime97 New Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I have it working with Pimax 5k and Vive tracker and two SteamVR base stations.
  16. Curtis Jackson

Curtis Jackson New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I'm using a vive tracker mounted to my racing seat (6DOF platform) but having alot of issues with the image moving once motion compensation is applied using this. I do have quite a bit of transducers in my seat for haptic feedback so I'm sure this is why I'm having my issue (I cant dampening enough to stop this from happening.) but my question is if I were to use a virtual tracker would that solve the issue of using transducers on my rig? If it does I'm lost with how to create & set up a virtual tracker. Can someone dumb it down for me?
  17. Dschadu

Dschadu Active Member

Balance:
    1,933Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    A possible solution could be to dampen the tracker mount and make the tracker side of this mount a bit heavier (+0.5kg).

I wouldn't recommend the virtual tracker at the moment as there is a tracking bug which hides itself very well.
    If you still would like to test it: https://ovrmc.dschadu.de/en/vt_flyptmover
    If you don't know what Mover is or how to set it up, this driver might not be for you.
  18. twack3r

twack3r New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is huge!

What version of OVRMC and PiTool are you using?

I have been looking to get this working with an 8KX for weeks!
  19. prime97

prime97 New Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I am using current versions:
    PiTool V1.0.1.262
    OVRMC v0.3.2

My start-up sequence is:
    1. start motion platform software
    2. start PiTool
    3. start Steam
    4. start rFactor2 launcher
    5. run startdesktopmode.bat (from C:\Program Files\OpenVR-MotionCompensation) which opens motion compensation window and starts SteamVR
    6. switch on tracker and select it in motion compensation window
    7. in window, check the "enable motion compensation" checkbox and click "Apply"
    8. check that the status shows that motion compensation has been applied ("motion compensated")
    9. start rFactor racing
    I have the tracker mounted on a frame just above my head and backward-facing. I have lighthouses at 11 o'clock and 7:30 o'clock. It seems that it is best if, when doing the above, that only the forward lighthouse can see the headset.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. prime97

prime97 New Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Despite my post above about success with the Pimax 5K, I have also get the HP Reverb working with the right controller attached to the top of a stick strapped to the wheel frame (hi-tech!). The controller is slightly above head height and just the other side of the wheel.

This setup gives me a better motion-compensation experience. With the Pimax 5K I am more aware of moving around in the cockpit under braking/acelerating/turning. It is still good with the Pimax but better with the HP Reverb setup.

Also I prefer the better resolution of the HP Reverb although I am giving away the wider FOV of the Pimax 5K.

Start-up instructions are as in the previous post except that instead of starting PiTool, I start Windows Mixed Reality.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1