1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

dirt soon..................

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by bruce stephen, Oct 7, 2016.

1. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Its here and its the coolest thing Iracing has ever done. the cars are amazing. the live track changes are unlike anything I have ever seen in a sim. IRacing has set the mark with this. I urge all with access to not hesitate. it is so cool.

2. hjr2

hjr2 Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Anybody racing dirt? I bought the Rift specifically for this realease on iRacing.
  3. bruce stephen

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Dirt road. Not much oval on dirt.
  4. hjr2

hjr2 Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    I tried the Beetle Off road car a couple days ago. It was pretty fun.
  5. Danoz14

Danoz14 New Member

Balance:
    25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Looks like no o nes posted for a while, has anyone tried a 6dof on iracing sprint cars?
    Im struggling to find the limit of traction as the tracks go slick with the 410 cars, i was wondering if building a 6dof brushless rig might make it something i can relate to (i ran a 600hp sprint car pre covid 19 lol)
  6. bruce stephen

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes ive run it on the 6dof. The 6 dof helps with the traction loss but not to much with the feel of the grip. Visual is probably the best way to find grip. The 410s usually end up rim riding the cushion as the track dries. I suspect they will adjust the speed of track usage next build as it changes pretty fast these days.
  7. Danoz14

Danoz14 New Member

Balance:
    25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thank you for the response, glad to know that before i spend $3000+ building a 6dof, although i will build one eventually, i guess i need to run a heap more laps on the rim of the wall! Or ill just stick to stock cars & 305s, thats always fun :)
    I think the track follows what real tracks do when you have 40+ sprint cars, however it goes away quickly when theres only 10 or so.
  8. Lesmore222

Lesmore222 Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    If you are up and running check out the IRX Cars. They are great with motion and have good participation so its easy to find a quick race.