1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    There's more than heave going on yes. The video was made to illustrate how it felt being shot down in DCS. DCS is worse than that without a spike filter ofc.
  2. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi ,@pmvcda , I have the same problem , No connection , I have this version 1.0 . ( Flypt mover 1.0)
    Is it the last version ? and where they are ?
    Thanks again for your help !
    plug in simtool.png
  3. djbart82

djbart82 New Member

Operador
    Balance:
    210Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Hello

is it possible to play f1 2020?

Thank you
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @Flymen and @djbart82, I will release a version with F1 2020 among others and with other corrections in the next days.
    It's not what I wanted to release, but I'm short in time
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Flymen

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi ,
    Ok , my problem was I had the old version 1.0 , now with 1.1 from last version 2.99 FlyPt everything is ok with simtool.
    Thanks !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Flymen

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi again !:blush
    when you get on in your simulator (low position), you active your outputs and your rig goes in middle position with you. But when you quit the simulator, you cannot do the reverse due to your weight. For me , what I do before going down, I put Drive pose (Heave) at -300 just before the low limits switch (like 5 cm over) then I desactivate the outputs.
    Question ... do you have another solutions for me or what you do if you don't want to hit hard the low switchs ?
    Thanks again !
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, in the rig module you can set the drive pose and the park pose.
    Park pose is the pose to where the rig moves when you stop the output.

upload_2020-9-11_9-27-11.png

You can put the rig in the pretended pose and press the button, or since we limit the pose, making impossible to move to the desired one, you can set the actuators positions for the park pose.

Drive pose is the middle position.
    That one, you set by pressing the button in the pose you want or changing the values manually:
    upload_2020-9-11_9-29-16.png

This is the new version, but I think you can do it already on the current version you have.
    I use drive pose to set a more horizontal position or vertical depending on the car I use (formula car vs GT car).
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Iracing Dallara LMP2 Profile PT mover tuned on Nordchleife. Needs motion cancellation for VR. Time spent 4 hours.

This is a very aggressive profile focused on the best possible feel for elevation changes and bumps. It has sway up to 30 degrees. Tune smoothing filter to your liking.

No global spike filter. It is adjusted for each force to get the most out of each. I run a 3x setup so just merge with your SFX and output setup. Software motion cancellation tracker output is included. Tune sway to your liking. Reduce Heave to your liking/range or turn it off. I have 150mm throw so got a bit more to go on.

If you got neck issues, do not use it.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. T R Para

T R Para i make stuff up

Retired
    Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +357 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    I hope this is not out of place. I am building a 6 dof rotary. I have built the base and I am trying to figure out the best dimensions for the upper platform. I will most likely use 600mm rods.. I have the latest Mover software installed. Is there a design "helper" to figure out the best dimensions to avoid crashes while maintaining good movement? Or is it just not very critical. Just need some pointers..:o:
    Thanks

Attached Files:

10. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    There is a risk, your legs will collide with the plates. I would reduce the size.
    FA671C87-4AD1-4559-8757-6BF9214C18E7.jpeg

Also I advise to fix the gearbox to the frame vertically. The attachment of your plates could have rigidity issues

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  11. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Just gotta share the love: Absolutely loving those little things that Mover brings to the table...er...simpit. Pose from Airbrake for instance in DCS. LOVE the buffeting that I get when the airbrakes are out. Never again will I forget to pull them in on the F-5E3 Tiger II or the F-86F Sabre (both of which spawn with the boards out). Same for gear, and flaps.

Freakin loving it. Thank you @pmvcda for you hard work! Very much looking forward to the next release so I can add Mover to my 2DoF (two rear rotational motors) simpit as well.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Bastiuscha

Bastiuscha Active Member

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Oh yes, me and my 2DOF horse are waiting so much of this tool update. I hope, i can get flypt to work. One of the biggest reasons, is the virtual tracker feature. Can't wait to use it, to maximise my bassshaker again, without oscillating image. :)
  13. kparkin

kparkin Member

Balance:
    254Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Where would you consider to be the COR on a PT Actuator look alike rig 3dof with TL and Surge. Also how would you define that if using a loop for testing?
  14. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    This is my cessna 172 phyphox experiment.
    One could for general aviation reduce by a half the gyro zoom as we might never experience angular rotations above 0.3rad/s

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  15. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF

End of the experiment
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6
    I have an SCN based 2DOF + traction loss simulator (2 actuators at the front and one for traction loss, none at the back). Will mover works with such a setup or will I run into problems?
    I also have an additional seattime belt tensioner.
  17. Flymen

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi , @pmvcda
    I would like to know which difference between those two things ( Distance to CG and Center rotation )!
    Thanks !

centre de rotation.png
  18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    The objective is the same, I would use the cor for small distances, like under 50cm.
    The source distance for larger distances.
    It's the case for air crafts where you can be 15 or more meters ahead of the cg.
    When you use the source one, the accelerations are adjusted for it and include centrifugal and tangential accelerations corrections. So all the filters used in the pose are made taking it into account, while in the cor, you have no idea of the scale of the corrected forces.
    The result is there also, but no way to use the filters.

Also, the distance depends on the vehicle, and that info might be available in some sources, so it's automatically adjusted in some sources.

You can use both at the same time also. In the cor you adjust the center to your neck (recommended by some), since it depends on the rig, but be aware, that not all rigs can have the cor adjusted in all directions.

I'm not good at explaining it. Hope you understand what I mean.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I understand it this way :

While “center or rotation” concerns YOUR position on the rig, the “center of rotation displacement” concerns the VIRTUAL center of rotation in the game.

For me “center of rotation” makes sense if you have a “sinked cockpit” or if due to mass distribution you belly is not exactly above the hexapod center on the longitudinal axis.

“CoR Displacement” function adds a nice math with slight centrifugal forces on translations.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  20. Flymen

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi ,@pmvcda
    Exemple with Project Car 2 , I like when I put my COR front of my Rig (2000mm)
    And drift each side like a racing car. But when I push on gaz ( mix surge and pitch), I can’t feel the real pitch like a car does ( COR in middle of Rig) .
    Q- Is it possible to do Both movements with two different COG or COR ?
    See pic for exemple !
    Let me tell you , with 2000mm front of my Rig, when I used 3 degree Pitch it was
    Only up and dowm step :grin
    Thanks !
    142D57C3-61CA-49FF-9C43-98F46CE7B24B.jpeg
    • Informative Informative x 1