1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Leap Motion Flight Sim Hand Tracking

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Michael Mariacher, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Michael Mariacher

Michael Mariacher Member

Balance:
    626Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi all, not the Quest, but a video with Leap Motion hand tracking. (starts at 7:45)

From my point of view it's fun having own hand available in the virtual cockpit, but as stated above, sometimes quite disturbing. Can be seen in the video.
    Michael
  2. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I hadn’t heard about Point CTRL until @Historiker told me about them. https://pointctrl.com/

I
    haven’t tried it yet but apparently it works really well. You don’t see your hands as I understand it. You just get a mouse dot, but it seems natural and doesn’t do odd hand things.

I tried Leap Motion a few years ago but occlusion was an issue sometimes and so were misinterpreted hand poses.
  3. itsme

itsme New Member

Balance:
    29Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks a lot !
  4. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,026Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lesmore222

Lesmore222 Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Watching that video makes me think, how did a mime get in the cockpit? or maybe perhaps a magician is flying the plane....but it looks pretty cool and glad you posted it.