1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

UK 6 DOF AC Motion Build

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by paulg100, Jan 5, 2020.

1. paulg100

paulg100 Active Member

Balance:
    1,393Coins
    Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hi all

Have been trying to get back to the sim hobby for the past couple of years but after starting my own business i just dont have the time at the moment so will hopefully revisit things at a later date.

In the mean time I was in the process of breaking down my 6dof AC build to sell the major mechanical and electrical components but thought it was a shame to see all the steel work and other parts go to waste that make this a fully functional sim. See the build thread here: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/uk-6-dof-ac-motion-build.9761/page-2#post-189858

If anyone is interested in making an offer for the base sim so that all you have to do is add peripherals, then please get in touch or ask any questions. If i dont hear anything then ill stick to the original plan and sell on what separate parts i can.

There's several thousands pounds worth of gear here but im reasonable in terms of second hand value and open to sensible offers. The sim has about 30-40 hours use id guess and the inverter run times range between 70-90 hours (they log the hours used).

I'm based in Bristol in UK and obviously due to weight and size, this would need to be collection only. It does fully disassemble so everything is easily moved by one person and i can obviously help with loading. Assembly/disassembly time is about 2-3 hours and i can either disassemble before collection or or we could do it on the day of pick so you can see the sim in motion first. All the electronics is contained in a neat and tidy cabinet so theres very little wiring to worry about.

Took some videos today of basic platform to show motion better.

Direct joystick control

Heave test at 25 degrees (platform max 30 degrees)

Hexapod motion and speed test (this is real time, not sped up ;) )

Hopefully its OK to post this here! thanks.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2020
  2. Graham Wilgaus

Graham Wilgaus New Member

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi is this still for sale. I live in UK

Cheers
  3. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    you have it all working - why dont you finish it off ?

what motors / controllers are you using ?
  4. paulg100

paulg100 Active Member

Balance:
    1,393Coins
    Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    This was all finished, the videos above are after i removed the seat/wheel/peddles etc. Am in the process of building a new smaller 4dof sim at the moment with actuators.

motors are AC 3phase 1.5kw and AMC1280 controller.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lancer

Lancer New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi,
    is the sim still for sale or have you sold it?
    Regards
  6. paulg100

paulg100 Active Member

Balance:
    1,393Coins
    Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    HI The sim has been broken down and partially sold now. AMC1280, motors with gear boxes and lever arms and struts with rose heads and steel work still remain. If of any interest let me know.
  7. Llewelyn

Llewelyn Member

IT consultant
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Good day
    Do you still have the AMC1280 controller,also did you use the 24v adaptor/daughter board to connect it to the vfd's,what was your electronic setup if you dont mind me asking.If you do have the controller please let me know how much your selling it for.Thanks
  8. paulg100

paulg100 Active Member

Balance:
    1,393Coins
    Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hi

Yes i still have the controller with the 6dof daughter board plus a bunch of spare chips incase anything blows (the daughter chips can be quite sensitive to esd). All in good working order.

Electronic set up was hitachi wj200's 1.5kw 3 phase powered through a normal single phase consumer unit with 6amp fuses for each wj200. (6 total) The whole sim went through a master 15amp RCD so will run on a normal house hold supply no issue.

Make me a reasonable offer and its yours ;)
  9. Llewelyn

Llewelyn Member

IT consultant
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi,my gosh I have no idea what a reasonable would be for this,just know the newer boards pricing.Please let me know what your reasonable price would be for all those goodies you mentioned.:thumbs
  10. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    How many kg can the rig lift ?
  11. paulg100

paulg100 Active Member

Balance:
    1,393Coins
    Ratings:
    +94 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    The sim was broken down for a while now. Most of the electronics is sold.

Still have the motors and the frame/steel work.

In terms of KG i dont know, more than you would likely need unless you are building something like a large closed cockpit flight sim or something. motors are 1.1kw (not 1.5kw as above) 3phase so 6 of them is plenty of power, about 9hp i think.

Most guys were/are running this kind of setup with 750kw fine, i went slightly bigger for more head room.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  12. Llewelyn

Llewelyn Member

IT consultant
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi im all good to go. PM me: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/private-messaging.85/
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021